Author Topic: George ASPINALL  (Read 1547 times)

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Re: George ASPINALL
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 17 November 19 00:06 GMT (UK) »
Do you know where William and Elizabeth were married?  Do you have either of the birth certs of their children born in Queensland in 1869 and 1871?  This would give you a date and place of marriage as well as recording their previous children.  If they weren't in the habit of registering births then you may have to try and track down a baptism record.

Debra  :)

It looks like they both died in Brisbane QLD, so their death certs may be useful. I wondered if they married in UK, as there are ASPINALL/HURST/HIRST births there which may fit.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 17 November 19 00:13 GMT (UK) »
The VIC Index names  a William and Elizabeth ASPINALL at Happ (either Happy Valley/Long Gully near Bendigo, or Linton) in 1865 with the birth (reg #8927), and death of the 1 day old son named William, (reg #4170).

Essie

The problem with that one is that it has the mother’s maiden name as ASPINALL and not HURST/HIRST.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 17 November 19 00:30 GMT (UK) »
I can't see a birth registration for Mary either.  She died as Mary DODD in 1897.

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/169481113
https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/1400340

They were in Qld by 1869:

1869 B6001 Unnamed (M) Aspinall parents William Aspinall and Elizabeth Hurst   

It would appear that those articles are the correct family as Elizabeth died in 1875:

1874 B8342 Elizabeth Aspinall father John Hurst   

The article says he has 2 sons and another 2 daughters.

1871 B12177 Martha parents Aspinall William and Elizabeth Hurst   

Jamjar

Offline CassT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 17 November 19 01:41 GMT (UK) »
I would like to thank you all for you help and suggestions,

We are trying to establish the date and place of John's birth, and we hoping that if we confirmed his brother George's birth in Bendigo that it would lead us to John's birth. John's death cert 11.10.1937 records his birthplace as Melbourne Victoria.

On the birth cert for Martha the daughter born in Brisbane 30.1.1871,the informant was her mother Elizabeth, it states that Elizabeth and William were married 21.3.1854 or 1864 in Melbourne, the handwriting is very fluid, the 5 could be a 6, it records living children John 11 yrs, George 9 yrs Hannah 7 yrs Mary 5yrs . 1 male and 1 female deceased.  Elizabeth signed with her Mark.

We have checked the Victoria BDM Site under ASPINALL, APSANALL, ASPENWALL, ASPASILL, ASPIVALL. ASPINWALL plus other spellings ,also with one"L" for the birth of  John , George and his parents marriage with no luck

We were hoping there maybe a Rootschatter that may have some Bendigo resources or suggestion on where we could locate George's birth record on Valentine day 14 Feb 1862.

I am starting to think that  Debra  may be correct in that they weren't in the habit of registering births and may have to try and track down a baptism record.

Once again thank you all

Cass

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 17 November 19 01:58 GMT (UK) »
Hannah 7 yrs

Ah, I’m thinking Hannah could be Martha H, born NSW.

Jamjar

Offline CassT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 17 November 19 03:12 GMT (UK) »
Yes I was thinking the same. Maybe in the new year when the piggy bank gets a bit fatter I might invest in another certificate.

My guess is the Martha H born in Bathurst could up being Annie Aspinall who married William Keen in 1878 and after William died, married Albert Stone in 1928.

Annie Stone died 9.2.1947 parents Mary Hurst and William Aspinall. Also I noticed that the Stone family are mentioned in Aspinall family Death/Funeral Notices.

Cass

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 17 November 19 03:14 GMT (UK) »
Someone looking for William, in VIC, 1858, 3rd last column:

http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article7300856

Jamjar

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 17 November 19 03:15 GMT (UK) »
Yes I was thinking the same. Maybe in the new year when the piggy bank gets a bit fatter I might invest in another certificate.

My guess is the Martha H born in Bathurst could up being Annie Aspinall who married William Keen in 1878 and after William died, married Albert Stone in 1928.

Annie Stone died 9.2.1947 parents Mary Hurst and William Aspinall. Also I noticed that the Stone family are mentioned in Aspinall family Death/Funeral Notices.

Cass

Yes, I too wondered if it was her death.

Jamjar

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 17 November 19 03:15 GMT (UK) »

They were in Qld by 1869:

1869 B6001 Unnamed (M) Aspinall parents William Aspinall and Elizabeth Hurst   

That child was born and died on the same day.  Mary should be born around Feb 1868.