Offline dorothyl

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Army
« on: Saturday 16 November 19 08:39 GMT (UK) »
Hello again.
I'm sorry I forgot to put the photo in.
This is the photo of my late father in law Sam he's the 1st one on the left.  Be looks a bit like David Jason.  If it's possible I'm trying to find out anything about him.  We only know his dob marriage and death. And he was in the Lancashire fuslelires.  I've got 2 other photo's  b&w he's in 2 different uniforms. He was in the jungle also.
We're not quite sure why. 
I'm hoping to save up for his army records for my hubby for a prescent.  It's going to take me along time as I collect from 1ps to 50ps.ususaly  I get to 20ps

Anyway I hope you can help me with my Quest.
Maybe you can find out what I haven't managed.  Everything anyone can help me with or find. I really would appreciate it and be grateful.
Thank you for your help and time

Dorothy

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Army
« Reply #1 on: Monday 18 November 19 22:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dorothy, in order for us to help you, you need to provide as much information as you can, his name, date and place of marriage and death would be a good start. If you try again to upload the photo you will have to rename the file and make sure that the file size is below 500kbs. There is a tutorial at the top of the board with instructions on how to upload a photo.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline dorothyl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 19 November 19 10:15 GMT (UK) »
Hello. I've tried to upload my photos again and the details of my father in law.

I received this message.

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry! There is already an attachment with the same filename as the one you tried to upload. Please rename the file and try again.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 19 November 19 10:43 GMT (UK) »
Hello Dorothy,

as described you will need to re-name your image file. If you call an image "family.jpeg" and an image has already been uploaded it will not allow you to have two different images with the same filename as every image has to be unique.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 19 November 19 15:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dorothy, I think this Is his grave:

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/162230979/samuel-richard-lucas

I think you would only get the answers that you are looking for from the MOD as that is where the records for WW2 are held:

https://www.gov.uk/get-copy-military-service-records

Carol

CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 20 November 19 10:55 GMT (UK) »

Offline John915

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 20 November 19 20:21 GMT (UK) »
Good evening,

The first uniform photo shows he was indeed in the Lancs fusiliers. He is wearing battledress so either in UK or somewhere in Europe.

Second shows him in tropical uniform. The cap badge is on the side of helmet so can't be seen but probably still in the Lancs fusiliers. The cords hanging around him tell me he was a bugler/drummer at that time.

John915
Stephens, Fuller, Tedham, Bennett, Ransome (Sussex)
Rider (Fulham)
Stephens (Somerset)
Kentfield (Essex)