Author Topic: Descendants of...  (Read 2295 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Descendants of...
« Reply #18 on: Monday 18 November 19 00:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Ruskie's post re WINSTANLEY and TAYLOR raises some interest  :)

I have had a long chat with several of my elderly relatives who, like me, have been family history buffs since our childhoods.   They confirm that we do have family who migrated from Manchester back in the 1800s, and that the surname TAYLOR is of interest.   So may I mention that seven of us have checked and we cannot find any connection to Mary Jane WINSTANLEY who married Luke MASON, but we have noticed there's a submitted tree with 134,407 people listed, and only 1 record and 1 source associated with it, but that that Mary Jane WINSTANLEY is noted as born 1893, Ince, Lancs.  The tree is marked 'no publicly available family members'.

Our OP has his Mary Jane Winstanley as 1892-1976.   I can see that birth indexed as Registered Hindley, Wigan & Leigh, with reference HNDL/108/189 at http://www.lancashirebmd.org.uk/  1892, birth, Mary Jane WINSTANLEY, mmn TAYLOR.    I did not find any likely 1893 birth for any Mary Jane WINSTANLEY, Inces, Lancs, but with that many names on a submitted tree, there is likely to be some typographical errors, and errr ... with one 1 record .... well to me, they are simply NAME collectors and actually not really interested in gathering actual family history. ::)

Perhaps Patrick's thread will attract the eyes of the Lancs family history buffs if it were on the Lancs Board?

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 18 November 19 09:13 GMT (UK) »
I did some descendant tracking yesterday with the first two couples but could only get one generation further before I hit the 'may be living' dates. Certainly we could get to Gen4/poss 3.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 18 November 19 16:13 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat, Patrick.
You may have found it useful to read "Guidelines to Posting" and "Getting the Best Results" which are under the heading "Posting Topics and Replies" in the "Help" section.  :)
Cowban