Author Topic: Descendants of Lord Charles Arthur Clough Collier or Victor J Collier  (Read 1697 times)

Offline minijimaus

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Descendants of Lord Charles Arthur Clough Collier or Victor J Collier
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 20 November 19 08:06 GMT (UK) »
Chempat

More on your responses - and thank you for being so thorough and prompt.

The marriage of Charles Collier and Amelia Lewin in 1914 is a great story - she was 18 and pregnant and he was 57 and about to enlist in WW1.  They went on to have three children. Amelia remarried after Charles Collier's death and appears to have led a long and interesting life.

Cheers

James

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 20 November 19 08:12 GMT (UK) »
I did think they were different in ages (1939 registration) but did not know for sure that they were married to each other, or both had spouses elsewhere, and had not gone any further back.

Offline suekirkman

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 10 March 20 07:19 GMT (UK) »
try searching companies house. he was director of a company called soar valley leisure and there is a director of the company still living. you can see the address of the individual concerned as director addresses are published. good luck!

Offline minijimaus

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 10 March 20 20:34 GMT (UK) »
Thank you suekirkman, I'll chase down that lead.

Offline Tuggybear

• RootsChat Member
  • The future is all about the past
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 21 April 20 13:05 BST (UK) »
The director who is still living owns the farm next to my horses field. His health is not great at the moment and he has had a lot of problems. PT is somewhat eccentric but is a very clever man. I'd be happy to approach him on your behalf if it would help
Mr Collier farmed a dairy herd on the farm and also ran a livery business there. The farm is now empty and the farmhouse was burned down by local yobs but I believe there is a trust which runs Mr Colliers estate. PT was Mr Colliers nephew and his mother died a few yeas back, I believe.
Knight, Bates, Newton, Pick,Perkins, Marshall, North, Kilby, Beckett, Prince.

Offline Nicdon666

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 25 May 20 09:10 BST (UK) »
Clough Collier or Victor John Collier, both born in Leicester in 1916 and 1918 respectively.

My purpose is to obtain information on the hat-making business run by the Collier family in Leicester in the 19th and early 20th centuries. The business was started ca. 1803 by Charles Collier.

I'd be very grateful for anyone's help.

James Collier
Sydney, Australia

Hi I used go to Mr Colliers from 1972-up until he died and attended his funeral. Mr collier had no children & his wife left him in the war

He has his son Pete Thomas who now owns all the land ..

Offline BoomBar

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 11 August 23 11:38 BST (UK) »
Hey TuggyBear, is there a way of contacting Peter Thomas, i'm really interested in Glen Parva Lodge Farm, and would like to know his version of what happened there, and ask some questions. Thank you.

The director who is still living owns the farm next to my horses field. His health is not great at the moment and he has had a lot of problems. PT is somewhat eccentric but is a very clever man. I'd be happy to approach him on your behalf if it would help
Mr Collier farmed a dairy herd on the farm and also ran a livery business there. The farm is now empty and the farmhouse was burned down by local yobs but I believe there is a trust which runs Mr Colliers estate. PT was Mr Colliers nephew and his mother died a few yeas back, I believe.