Author Topic: 'Wynnstay' Crew List Lookup  (Read 352 times)

Offline chrisc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
'Wynnstay' Crew List Lookup
« on: Friday 22 November 19 18:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Can anyone help please.

Is there anyone due shortly to visit the Glamorgan Archives at Leckwith, Cardifff?

I am currently researching my GG Grandfather Samuel Champion who was a merchant mariner in the 19th/20th century.

Recently I have discovered that he sailed on a ship called the 'Wynnstay' of which I know there were two vessels of the same name listed in Lloyd's Register of Ships:

Official number 89175 a Schooner
and
Official number 91148 believed to be a steam ship.

The Crew List Index Project lists three folders held at Glamorgan Archives containing information regarding the Wynnstay:

DCA/1899/89175/1  Dec 1898-Oct 1899
DCA/1899/89175/2  Oct-Dec 1899
DCA/1900/89175/1  Dec 1899-Apr 1900

The files are the 'Half-Yearly Agreement and Account of Voyages and Crew', and contain details of the ship, voyage details, types of cargo transported, and potentially pictures of ship and/or crew members.

Please could someone check the documents to see if amongst the listed crew there is anyone with the surname CHAMPION. If the answer is yes, please confirm which file(s) have details.

Hoping that someone can help.

Chris Champion
CHAMPION, PRESTLAND, FRENCH - Dunstable, Great Billington, Linslade, Leighton Buzzard

CHAMPION, BEER, SLEE - Abbotsham, Appledore, Monkleigh
CHESTER(S), JENKINS - Appledore
BRAUNTON, BUSE - Bideford, Buckland Brewer, Monkleigh

NORTHOVER, STROUD, WILLIAMS, MORLEY - Old Mile End, Whitechapel, Islington, Stoke Newington

Offline seaweed

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll see you one day in Fiddlers Green.
    • View Profile
Re: 'Wynnstay' Crew List Lookup
« Reply #1 on: Friday 22 November 19 20:52 GMT (UK) »
I note that you have not responded to a previous post concerning Samuel Champion.

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=816572.0

Dim ateb yn well nag ateb anghywir. Nid oes dim yn ddall fel rhai nad ydynt yn dymuno gweld

RIP Roger 10 August 2022