Author Topic: NSW State Library HASSALL & 8000+ family papers need transcribing ONLINE  (Read 766 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
NSW State Library HASSALL & 8000+ family papers need transcribing ONLINE
« on: Sunday 24 November 19 06:16 GMT (UK) »

Hi All,

14 November 2019 the Senior Curator, Research and Discovery announced that the Hassall Family Historical Association had provided funds to allow the digitisation of the Hassall family papers held by the library.  The library has provided an online transcription tool, and they are looking for help transcribing these papers.   Currently just 9 out of the over 8000 pages have been partially transcribed. 

https://www.sl.nsw.gov.au/blogs/hassall-family-papers-made-available-transcription

JM

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline mclachlan

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: NSW State Library HASSALL & 8000+ family papers need transcribing ONLINE
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 05 December 19 04:01 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for this majm,
Looks like something I would be interested in doing!
Regards,
Andrea
McLachlan, Glasgow, Martin, Menzies

Offline grahamhassall

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 10 December 21 00:14 GMT (UK) »
thanks for mentioning our project to transcribe the Hassall Family papers at the State Library of New South Wales. Rowland and Elizabeth Hassall were LMS missionaries who ended up in Sydney in 1798 and the papers are theirs plus those of their children and families - and all their correspondents. if anyone is interested in this transcription project please conctact me to learn more about how we are proceeding. graham hassall (chair, Hassall Family History Association)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 10 December 21 22:33 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat,

You will need to make a couple more posts before you will have full access to all the website's features,  including for example, sending and receiving Private Messages. 

Easiest way to do this is simply to reply on this thread,  using the reply button,  with for example "Hi"

For others reading this thread here's some biographical background https://adb.anu.edu.au/biography/hassall-rowland-2166 

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.