Author Topic: Jameson Family  (Read 663 times)

Offline slippery

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Jameson Family
« on: Monday 25 November 19 15:36 GMT (UK) »
How can I obtain a birth certificate for a Roger Emerson Jameson who was born on 24 January 1942 and died on 7 November 2010 (from memorial). According to a relative his parents were Charles and Margaret Jameson who lived Toronto.

I am trying to find out where Charles and Margaret came from memory they left the UK from Liverpool.

I am new to Canadian records so I need help.

Peter

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Jameson Family
« Reply #1 on: Monday 25 November 19 17:21 GMT (UK) »
I'm afraid births in Ontario are protected for 100 years by privacy laws. There are also restrictions related to who can apply for a record. To obtain information in the time frame you are looking at, one would need to use other sources such as newspaper notices, voters lists, and so on.

General info here....

https://www.ontario.ca/page/get-or-replace-ontario-birth-certificate#section-11

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 25 November 19 18:39 GMT (UK) »
Most folks left from either Liverpool or Southampton so knowing the port does not help too much in figuring out where they came from. Have you checked emigration records? If you can find the appropriate passenger list then it may give more detail about Charles and Margaret.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline eileenwilson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 25 November 19 18:52 GMT (UK) »
Obituary for Margaret says she passed away December 10, 2004, aged 84 (so born around 1920), predeceased by Charles, survived by several children (all match Roger's obituary).  Services handled through Giffen Mack Funeral Home -- no indication of where she is buried.  I cannot find an obit for Charles at the moment.

Offline slippery

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 26 November 19 12:19 GMT (UK) »
Thanks All

I would have thought that a son born to Roger E Jameson first marriage could obtain his fathers death certificate. The son born to his second marriage was mentioned on Rogers obituary.

Eileen could you please send me a link to Margaret's obituary.

Peter

Offline eileenwilson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 26 November 19 13:09 GMT (UK) »
Roger's son can get a copy of his death certificate from Service Ontario.  The obituary is on the Toronto Star Archives' site at pagesofthepast.ca  It's a paid site.  Send me a private message and I will clip it for you and send it along.

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 26 November 19 14:50 GMT (UK) »
slippery, I'm a bit confused. In your most recent post you mentioned a son obtaining a death cert but in your original post you were inquiring about a birth cert?

As eileenwilson has posted, a son could obtain a death cert. I stand to be corrected but I believe a son should also be able to obtain the birth cert of a deceased person.

PB

We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline slippery

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 26 November 19 15:16 GMT (UK) »
polarbear

Sorry for confusion. He wants his birth certificate as this should show his parents. His death info was obtained from Rogers memorial, up to then he did not know his father had died.

Peter

Offline eileenwilson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 26 November 19 15:22 GMT (UK) »
You may need to get the death certificate first in order to provide proof to get the birth certificate:

https://www.ontario.ca/page/get-or-replace-ontario-birth-certificate#section-11