Author Topic: Rootsmagic descendant list  (Read 1442 times)

Offline Helena11a

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Rootsmagic descendant list
« on: Monday 25 November 19 20:14 GMT (UK) »
I am thinking of changing to Rootsmagic 7 and have downloaded RM Essentials to have a play with.  I just have one query I hope someone can answer.

As my family tree is so large (over 17000 people), I print it using 'Outline descendants chart' or similar printing birth, baptism, marriage, death, burial, occupation and notes (census, newspaper reports, manorial records etc).  It looks like the descendant list would fulfill this task but from RM essentials I can only print birth, marriage and death.  Is there a way of printing all the above in a descendants list?

Offline McGroger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Convicts, Commoners and Outlaws
    • View Profile
Re: Rootsmagic descendant list
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 26 November 19 08:49 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, don't know about Rootsmagic's full version, but in Family Tree Maker I think you would be able to print what you are after. It has both an Outline Descendant Report where you can print any facts you like (adding them under the + sign) but no notes, and a Descendant Report (a lot longer) where you have the same option as to what facts to include but you can also decide what sort of notes to include and sources as well if you want them.
Peter
Convicts: COSIER (1791); LEADBEATER (1791); SINGLETON (& PARKINSON) (1792); STROUD (1793); BARNES (aka SYDNEY) (1800); DAVIS (1804); CLARK (1806); TYLER (1810); COWEN (1818); ADAMS[ON] (1821); SMITH (1827); WHYBURN (1827); HARBORNE (1828).
Commoners: DOUGAN (1844); FORD (1849); JOHNSTON (1850); BEATTIE (& LONG) (1856); BRICKLEY (1883).
Outlaws: MCGREGOR (1883) & ass. clans, Glasgow, Glenquaich, Glenalmond and Glengyle.

Offline Helena11a

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rootsmagic descendant list
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 26 November 19 14:25 GMT (UK) »
I used to use FTM 2014 and did consider upgrading to the latest until I saw the price yesterday!  But yes it is that type of chart I'd like