Author Topic: Wood Street Brindle Heath Salford  (Read 1443 times)

Offline stanmapstone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Wood Street Brindle Heath Salford
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 08 December 19 14:16 GMT (UK) »
The first photograph is taken from the end of Braddan Street looking west, you can see the steeple of St. Anne's Church in the background, the house behind the van is 44 Brindle Heath Road. Compare the shape of the building in the photo with that shown on the map.  https://www.old-maps.co.uk/#/Map/380925/399765/13/101329

Stan
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jool

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • James Dodson, beautifully restored by mozza29
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 08 December 19 14:30 GMT (UK) »
The first photograph is taken from the end of Braddan Street looking west, you can see the steeple of St. Anne's Church in the background, the house behind the van is 44 Brindle Heath Road. Compare the shape of the building in the photo with that shown on the map.  https://www.old-maps.co.uk/#/Map/380925/399765/13/101329

Stan

Stan, I think you are right about it being 44 Brindle Heath Road looking at the shape of the building.  The building on the left edge of Sossle's photo in post #8 I think is No. 2 Brierley Street shown on the map you posted.
Robbins - Wolverhampton.
Spooner - Monmouthshire & Wolverhampton.
Warner & Loundes - Dudley/West Bromwich.
Dod(g)son - Heysham/Liverpool/Wolverhampton

Offline sossle

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 08 December 19 15:17 GMT (UK) »
Thank you all for your help.
Love the story of Ellen going for her beer in her clogs.
My Grandparents lived in the two up two down house with so many children, dont know where on earth they all slept!

Offline James Bancroft

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 28 March 20 13:55 GMT (UK) »
Hello. I lived at 30 Harding Street in Brindleheath for the first 14 years of my life, and I attended St Anne's School. Wood Street was indeed between Brierley Street and Brindleheath Road. For instance, in the black and white picture of 1961 to continue along Brierley Street to the left of the picture, the next turning left was Wood Street, a short street up to Brindleheath Road. There was only one house on the street, and I knew Susan Garner, who went to my school and lived in the house in the early 1960s. When they began to demolish the houses they used to put what we called 'problem people' in them and the last resident of the house was an oldish guy who unfortunately had mental problems.

Offline James Bancroft

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 27 June 20 22:31 BST (UK) »
Hello. I lived at 30 Harding Street in Brindle Heath for the first 14 years of my life, and I attended St Anne's School. Wood Street was indeed between Brierley Street and Brindle Heath Road. For instance, in the black and white picture of 1961 to continue along Brierley Street to the left of the picture, the next turning left was Wood Street, a short street up to Brindle Heath Road. There was only one house on the street, and I knew Susan Garner, who went to my school and lived in the house in the early 1960s. When they began to demolish the houses they used to put what we called 'problem people' in them and the last resident of the house was an oldish guy who unfortunately had mental problems.