Author Topic: Burial Lookup - Ann Salmon  (Read 581 times)

Offline Jayson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Burial Lookup - Ann Salmon
« on: Monday 02 December 19 21:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I wonder if someone could please help me find the burial of Ann Salmon?

She was baptised at Acton near Nantwich on 7 Aug 1752. Her parents were William and Joan Salmon. The next reference I have is from the will of her father which was written 6 May 1782. In this William is described as being of Nantwich. Ann appears not to have been married at this point and is only referred to by her christian name. She had two younger sisters viz Sarah bapt at Acton 3 Sept 1754, and Elizabeth whose baptism I can’t find.

Her older siblings were Mary, who married her cousin, Joseph Whittingham Salmon, Joan, Charles and Prussia Salmon. I cannot find Prussia’s baptism either.

The next reference for Ann is in the will of her brother, Charles Salmon of Willaston, Wybunbury. This was written on 26 January 1815. The wording seems to suggest that Ann was dead by this time as Charles states:

“...claims I may or can have under my late father’s will... in consequence of my sisters Mary and Ann dying before my father...”

Mary certainly died before her father and died 8 May 1785. Her father William was buried 15 July 1785 at Wybunbury.

Many thanks, Jay
"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Burial Lookup - Ann Salmon
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 03 December 19 09:57 GMT (UK) »
There is a burial at St Johns, Chester of an Ann Salmon, daughter of William Salmon, Cheesefactor. She died 21 February 1783 of Consumption and was buried, aged 30, on 28 February 1783.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline Jayson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 03 December 19 15:23 GMT (UK) »
You found her? Thank you so much, emeltom! Her age fits and Salmon family were involved with cheese.

Many thanks😉 Jay

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 04 December 19 09:16 GMT (UK) »
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Jayson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 04 December 19 18:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi garstonite.

Yes, I have both his marriages but thanks for looking. Fortunately they took place in Nantwich. I’ve never been able to find Prussia’s baptism. When I first started my searches I thought this would be the easiest. Wrong! Perhaps his baptism went unrecorded or was written down as something else.

Jay

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 04 December 19 19:24 GMT (UK) »
I can find his marriages but I can't find a baptism for him either, nor one for Elizabeth.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more