Author Topic: Annie Smedley death registration  (Read 510 times)

Offline harrygeorge1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Annie Smedley death registration
« on: Saturday 07 December 19 17:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi I am looking for the death registration for Annie Marie Smedley.

I thought I had found the correct registration Annie Smedley 1st qtr 1912 7b 539 Nottingham.

When I received the certificate it became apparent that it was the wrong Annie. This Annie was the wife of Samuel Smedley and mother of Alfred (informant). To confirm this was wrong I found them on the 1911 census as well as the 1881 census.

My Annie (maiden name Wickman) was living with husband Henry Smedley in 1891 census along with kids Henry, Annie, Eliza, George, Bertha and Frank.
in 1901 Annie and Henry along with Frank are living as borders, still in Nottingham.

Henry died in 1903 4th qtr aged 60 as did their son Frank aged 14 7b 176 Nottingham.

After this I am unable to find a death registration for Annie. She doesn't seem to be living with any of her children in the 1911 census.

I would be very grateful if someone could help me.

Regards Andrea.

Haynes,Cobb,Welcher,Cox, Buck, Hipwell, Crunckhorn, Searle, Gilbert, (cambs),Lakey,Lavender,Merrington,Rolfe,Larkman (welney), Bell (docking),Haigh, Heselgrove,Bastow,Price,(yorks), Hipperson, Sadler.

Offline Daisypetal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Annie Smedley death registration
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 07 December 19 21:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I think this could be Annie,

Death
Anna Maria SMEDLEY    Dec Q 1922    Nottingham    07B  302

Burial
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01opn/

In 1911 there is an Annie Maria SMEDLEY living with her daughter Eliza Jane ROBINSON and family in Nottingham.

This family has been very badly transcribed at Ancestry, Annie Marice and Eliza James, they all have the surname ROBINIES.

FindMyPast has them as ROBINSON and Annie as SMEDLY.

This is the same family that her son Frank is living with in 1901.

I found a Probate record using the search here,

https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#calendar

Did Annie's daughter Bertha marry a Thomas BOWLER?

Regards,
Daisy
All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline harrygeorge1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Annie Smedley death registration
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 08 December 19 10:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Daisey,

Thank you for your help, very much appreciated.

Bertha married Thomas Bowler in 1920 as the records show Bertha M Smedley. There are 2 Smedley families in Nottingham at the same time with similar names so I have to check and re check info. There is another Bertha Smedley married John Howett in 1914, she is still Bertha Howett in 1939 and dies as Bertha Howett in 1958.

Thanks again Andrea.
Haynes,Cobb,Welcher,Cox, Buck, Hipwell, Crunckhorn, Searle, Gilbert, (cambs),Lakey,Lavender,Merrington,Rolfe,Larkman (welney), Bell (docking),Haigh, Heselgrove,Bastow,Price,(yorks), Hipperson, Sadler.