Author Topic: Irish Family Search Without any Clues  (Read 28695 times)

Offline Brigly

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: IRISH FAMILY SEARCH WITHOUT ANY CLUES
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 09 November 06 22:17 GMT (UK) »
Arthur Gore Brigley married Arabella Imison 1/6/1887, Amelia Thisbe Imison was a witness. They had 2 children. I’ve got Arthur’s army records and some extracts from The Runcorn Guardian c1890 of John Birchwood Imison’s death and funeral, including mourners, bearers, tributes etc. (Mr W Newton attended if that’s of interest). Arthur was a Reverend at this time. I’ve also got a few lines about a rogue pinching some trousers from Mary’s (Johns wife) pawnbroker shop.

This all ties in with the 1901 Census. Did you have any luck tracing beyond Simon 1820?
Brigly, Brigley

Offline imison

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 09 November 06 22:26 GMT (UK) »
Dear Brigly

Thank you SO MUCH for this information.

Yes, it would be very interesting indeed for me and my cousin to have the information you have in your possession.

The Mr Newton would no doubt be the father of ERIC Newton who was a cousin of my grandmother.

Thank you very much

IMISON

Brigly
RootsChat Pioneer

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

« Reply #36 on: Today at 22:17:05 »   

~~~~~~~~
Arthur Gore Brigley married Arabella Imison 1/6/1887, Amelia Thisbe Imison was a witness. They had 2 children. I’ve got Arthur’s army records and some extracts from The Runcorn Guardian c1890 of John Birchwood Imison’s death and funeral, including mourners, bearers, tributes etc. (Mr W Newton attended if that’s of interest). Arthur was a Reverend at this time. I’ve also got a few lines about a rogue pinching some trousers from Mary’s (Johns wife) pawnbroker shop.

This all ties in with the 1901 Census. Did you have any luck tracing beyond Simon 1820?

Offline xXTheOneRavenXx

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Irish Family Search Without any Clues
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 25 August 09 23:11 BST (UK) »
Good afternoon everyone. My name is William Victor Brigley, son of William Henry Brigley, and Grandson of Joseph George Patrick Brigley. My family is of the Brigley's that remained in Queensland, Nova Scotia, Canada. Throughout the archive of the Canadian/USA Brigley's, they can be traced back to a place called Black Point, Nova Scotia. This location is right next to Queensland, about 5 minutes away from where I grew up. I have begun a facebook group called Global Brigley Family Reunion. So far we have several Brigley families all adding their history to a mass family tree making this the most accurate Brigley family tree to date. We too are trying to make the connection back to Ireland as I have an archive that begins with a John Brigley, and the England one I have also begins with a John Brigley, however they are 27 yrs apart. This family contains Bigley's, but we cannot make the final connection. If you could join facebook and let me add you to this group we can work together to add what history you have to what we have. It would be most appreciated and benefit us all.  Thank you.