Author Topic: Request newspaper Search Please!  (Read 1341 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Request newspaper Search Please!
« on: Wednesday 11 December 19 13:58 GMT (UK) »
 Could anyone find the time to look up a search on FindMyPast newspapers please for Thomas Witty b. 1812 in Hull and was Alderman in 1869 in the Hull Packet please, I can access the articles on the iPad but can't save it to send to my main computer as the email address is different. To save searching, I have all the census returns, Death date and Probate record in 1873 and year of marriage in 1834 to Frances Kirk but no certificates.
Thanks for looking.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Request newspaper Search Please!
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 11 December 19 14:19 GMT (UK) »
Is it the December 1869 one, Carol?

PS It's about the Town Hall being closed for Christmas and signed by him
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 11 December 19 14:27 GMT (UK) »
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 11 December 19 14:41 GMT (UK) »
Aw thanks for that Gadget...that is one of them, the other is where he is mentioned as the Mayor:

03 December 1869 - Cornubian and Redruth Times - Redruth, Cornwall, England

He died in 1873...I think the lodge entry is his son.

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 11 December 19 15:24 GMT (UK) »
Found an article about the Lord Mayor's Banquet as well - Sheffield Independent,10  Nov 1869

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 11 December 19 15:33 GMT (UK) »
The Lord Mayor's Banquet one  includes a speech by William Ewart Gladstone, Prime Minister ...... and many toasts  :)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 11 December 19 16:24 GMT (UK) »
Thanks so much for taking the time to find these for me, it's very much appreciated  :-* The next Hull Lord Mayor is looking for background information on one of her Ancestors who was the Mayor of Hull in 1869 and I have been asked to research him for her. She will be delighted.
I really appreciated your help.  :-*
Carol

Online mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 11 December 19 19:25 GMT (UK) »
I can access the articles on the iPad but can't save it to send to my main computer as the email address is different

I screen shot the relevant article. (By pressing the home button and the off button simultaneously)

Of course you have to remember to also copy the newspaper reference.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 11 December 19 20:28 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that, good to know  :)
Carol