Author Topic: Why marry in Windsor when live and work in Worcestershire?  (Read 1375 times)

Offline jc26red

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright.
    • View Profile
Re: Why marry in Windsor when live and work in Worcestershire?
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 14 December 19 17:32 GMT (UK) »

Ps Rena, I was born and bought up in Windsor

Yes, but not in 1868?   :D

I was in Windsor briefly a few decades ago.  I was taking our youngest son to see his big sister "down south" and hadn't realised I would be passing through Windsor until I came upon the castle (don't ask !)  If I'd had the time I would definitely have spent a while being a sightsee-er.

No but my ancestors were there from at least pre-1820 and 1809 from a neighbouring village, they didn’t move far.  :D I have spent many hours in Reading (Berkshire) RO and the local library pouring over parish records.

Vapcq45
It might be worth exploring the local Windsor history forum http://www.rootschat.com/links/01oq0/
Please acknowledge when a restorer works on your photos, it can take hours for them to work their magic

Please scan at 300dpi minimum to help save the restorers eyesight.

Offline vapcq45

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Why marry in Windsor when live and work in Worcestershire?
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 14 December 19 19:55 GMT (UK) »
Just discovered Queen Victoria reviewed thousands of troops in Windsor Great Park on 20th June, two weeks before marriage so that gives me some ideas to pursue. Plus I will try the Windsor forum. Thank you.