Author Topic: Baptisms Brandon Suffolk.  (Read 421 times)

Offline waddy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Baptisms Brandon Suffolk.
« on: Sunday 15 December 19 21:44 GMT (UK) »
Pleases can someone help me to find the baptism records for G.Grandfather's children? He was Frederick Barton, who married Frances Powl Dec 1845 in Eriswell, Suffolk. They were both illiterate so were unaware that the Paris priest recorded their surname as BARTLE. Their 1st 2 children Emily b 1846 and Charlotte b 1848 were christened BARTON at St. Peter's Brandon, (I have those records). The 1851 census records them as BARTLE with another child Elizabeth b 1850 in Brandon. The 1861 Census has them as BARTON with 3 more children, Mary Ann b 1853, William b 1857, both born in Brandon, and Martha Ann b 1859 in Barton Mills. There may have been more children who did not survive, but I don't know.
I would greatly appreciate any help. Many thanks.
Waddy

Offline Paco

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Baptisms Brandon Suffolk.
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 22 December 19 17:30 GMT (UK) »
Using FreeREG and Family search I have found the baptism for Charlotte and Emily Corynne Barton both on the same date, which was the 2nd April 1848, so I guess Charlotte was born just before  this date, and her sister Emily was baptised at the same time. Also found baptism for Frederick 5th August 1821 Herringswell, Suffolk parents George and Elizabeth Lambord (Lambert?) As you obviously have access to the census you can find Frederick in the 1841 with his parents, but the surname is spelt Barten.
Regards.
Essex/Dorset/Berks

Offline waddy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Baptisms Brandon Suffolk.
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 22 December 19 19:11 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks Paco, your help is appreciated.
Waddy