Author Topic: Isaac Harden married Anne??  (Read 710 times)

Offline DCB

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Isaac Harden married Anne??
« on: Monday 16 December 19 14:25 GMT (UK) »
Isaac and Anne had a number of children in Cockermouth, beginning with Mary Ann in 1804.

I can't find a marriage online and would be grateful to know if anyone is able to find one.

Regards,
David

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Isaac Harden married Anne??
« Reply #1 on: Monday 16 December 19 18:08 GMT (UK) »
Were the couple both from Cockermouth?  If not - they may have married in another area
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline DCB

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 17 December 19 09:37 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, I don't know about Anne.
They emigrated to Canada where Isaac, born in Cockermouth, died in 1832 and Anne in 1836.
The only clue is that Anne's age on the burial record suggests born c1782.

The marriage of Isaac's sister, Mary, to Isaac Wordsworth, was in 1804 and also not online. I have found that on other family trees but mainly as December 1804. One has it as 9th December, so it would also be interesting to know if an image can be found to confirm it.

David

Offline Cazza47

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 20 December 19 10:56 GMT (UK) »
Have you got birth details for Isaac. 2 possibles 5/10/1782 to John & Dinah Harden in Cockermouth, or May 1778 to Joseph & Dinah Harden also Cockermouth. Isaac & Ann had children named Dinah, John & Joseph so either could be possible.
Muckley, Routledge, Roe, Bontoft, Brumpton, Bills, Aspatria, Carlisle

Offline Cazza47

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 20 December 19 11:00 GMT (UK) »
There is a marriage Isaac Harrison to Ann Peill at Lorton 25/12/1798, a stretch but Lorton is near Cockermouth, maybe worth considering.
Muckley, Routledge, Roe, Bontoft, Brumpton, Bills, Aspatria, Carlisle

Offline DCB

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 20 December 19 11:59 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your reply.

Isaac, son of Joseph and Dinah who was born in 1778 died in 1782, a few months before the second Isaac was baptised.

The second Isaac has a father named John but I think this is an error, even though the image is clear.

In her will, Dinah, widow of Joseph, named Isaac as a son. He emigrated to Canada, where he died in 1832, followed by Ann in 1836.

There was an Isaac Harrison born in Lorton, so he may be the one who married Ann Pell.

Thinking back, I remember that a batch of Cockermouth marriages is missing between 1771-1812.
I am not sure if this just Familysearch or if they don't exist. It probably means a trip to the local archives, although it is a long way.

Regards,
David