Author Topic: James Augustus Fry - Hull Western Cemetery 1922  (Read 1132 times)

Offline Jonathan Fry

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Augustus Fry - Hull Western Cemetery 1922
« Reply #9 on: Monday 23 December 19 23:08 GMT (UK) »
Hope your visit was successful Jonathan  ;D
Carol

It was Carol, thank you. We located the approximate grave locations of both James and his wife Mary. There were no headstones but I guessed there might not be. Using a bit of creative mathematics based on other grave numbers we think we got pretty close. I've also discovered since visiting on Sunday that Mary's granddaughter Amelia is buried with her and I've got a second great aunt and her husband in another compartment so there's a good chance I'm going back tomorrow for another look.

This should keep me occupied over the holiday!!  :)

Online Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 23 December 19 23:14 GMT (UK) »
Oh that's great, have you found their cause of death in the burial records on family search? I have spent a lot of time looking around  both Western and General cemeteries in the past.
Carol

CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Jonathan Fry

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 23 December 19 23:24 GMT (UK) »
Oh that's great, have you found their cause of death in the burial records on family search? I have spent a lot of time looking around  both Western and General cemeteries in the past.
Carol

Since Jomot posted the link to the burial records my normal life has come to an end and I've spent just about every available minute both at home and at work trawling the records. I've added burial information for another dozen in my family tree tonight alone. I've found a second great uncle and his wife in Northern Cemetery (I'm going to try and get there tomorrow too)! The home address at the time if death and also the place of death notes are also useful.

It's a shame there doesn't appear to be cremation records transcribed at the moment (unless I'm looking in the wrong place) as these would help for those I can't find burials for.