Author Topic: Will of William Fowlks 1590 Thurcaston  (Read 399 times)

Offline Designer Jeans

• RootsChat Veteran
  • We are who we are because they were who they were
    • View Profile
Will of William Fowlks 1590 Thurcaston
« on: Thursday 19 December 19 14:51 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone have access to the above will please?  I am particularly interested in any names, relationships, locations, executors etc

Very many thanks

Derbys: Ward, Hopkinson, Bradley, Birds, Clarke, Taylor, Daykin, Gent, Vardy, Cotterill, Stocks, Godber, Dronfield, Charlesworth, Bonsall, Purseglove
Notts: Clarke, Freeman, Kitchen, Allcock, Housley, Swanwick, Berrisford, Farnsworth, Antcliffe
Staffs: Nutt, Bowring
Yorks: Holling, Fish, Kay, Hardy
Lincs: Plummer, Broughton, Wellbourne

Offline Bunnygirl

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Keep plodding on you Will find it!!
    • View Profile
Re: Will of William Fowlks 1590 Thurcaston
« Reply #1 on: Friday 20 December 19 07:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi
He has a eldest daughter Eleanor that he leaves 40 shillings to and another daughter Joan also 40 shillings to be paid  on the day of their  marriage. He names his wife as Eleanor I think it says she is sole executrix. He also mentions a William ???????

Writing very difficult to understand.
Hope this helps
Bunnygirl 
Leicestershire; Rothley,  Fowkes, Biddles, Dawson, Allen, Lambert, Tebbett, Needham , Horner, Cooper, Pagett, Jaques, Kinton, Newbald, Duffill    Halford, Cope, Bywater , Hunt
Bedfordshire; Cardington, Trueman, Wilstead  Bridges, Clark(e), Redman
Essex; Eady, Newman, Copsey, Rawlin, Gilders, Smith  
Rotherhithe; Henderson, Eady. Lambert
Rutland & Bedfordshire  Staffod, Glover, Tom(b)lin
Suffolk  (Wissington) Eady.
Lincolnshire, Tomlin

Offline Bookbox

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 20 December 19 11:49 GMT (UK) »
To add briefly to the above, he is to be buried at Thurcaston. His overseers are William Baxter and Matthew Louth of Thurcaston. No other names or locations are mentioned. The will was proved 6 March 1590/91.

There is also a short inventory (farm animals, ploughing gear, household goods), submitted by the widow on the same day. It’s not been totalled, but I’d estimate a little over £15.00.

Offline Designer Jeans

• RootsChat Veteran
  • We are who we are because they were who they were
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 20 December 19 17:51 GMT (UK) »
Wonderful, thank you both so much.  The info helps to fill in my Thurcaston missing gaps.  William Foulke mar Ellen Baxter 25/10/1562 and Ellen/Eleanor was bur 10/5/1594.  Dau Joan bpt 19/1/1570, I haven't got dau Eleanor's bpt although an Eleanor bpt an unlawfully begotten son ffrancis 2/4/1607 and an Eleanor was bur 15/4/1641.

I am on a mission to make a connection between Leics and Derbyshire Foulkes ....

Thank you again
Derbys: Ward, Hopkinson, Bradley, Birds, Clarke, Taylor, Daykin, Gent, Vardy, Cotterill, Stocks, Godber, Dronfield, Charlesworth, Bonsall, Purseglove
Notts: Clarke, Freeman, Kitchen, Allcock, Housley, Swanwick, Berrisford, Farnsworth, Antcliffe
Staffs: Nutt, Bowring
Yorks: Holling, Fish, Kay, Hardy
Lincs: Plummer, Broughton, Wellbourne