Author Topic: Elizabeth Parkinson death info 1927-1931  (Read 1293 times)

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Parkinson death info 1927-1931
« Reply #18 on: Friday 20 December 19 18:01 GMT (UK) »
Rose Annie Stafford Walker, of Twickenham, widow, died in 1959 probate Olive Marjorie Brace married woman and John Brace accounts clerk. Almost 26 000.

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 20 December 19 18:05 GMT (UK) »
Travelling from London to Australia in 1921 were Mrs Rose A Stafford-Walker age 48 of 1, Welbeck Mansions, Hammersmith AND Mr George W Wilson age 72 of the same address.  Claiming they were going to stay in Australia.

Added:
In 1922 coming into Southampton, claiming permanent to and from England, are Rose A Stafford-Walker, widow, of 206 Hammersmith Road, and on same boat George Wilson of Market Harborough, director.

Offline drmjgould

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 20 December 19 18:20 GMT (UK) »
Thank you everybody for all your research & thoughts about this person in my FT. The things I do know from my family contacts are: [1] She had quite a "complicated" family life, [2] she had a son born in Ealing on 3/8/1918 initially named Frederick Ray, but at some time later forenames were changed to Derick Parkinson, mother Elizabeth Parkinson, father [crossed out] Frederick Ray [all from birth cert], [3] Elizabeth Parkinson lived in Robbery Bottom from about 1924 to 1928 as Elizabeth Ray [with Frederick Ray from 1925-1929] who was probably in a common law relationship, as Frederick Ray was already married to Alice Burchell [nee Oakey - who was his 1st cousin] & living in Bedford, UK. This is all documented in electoral register info & marriage cert, [4] Evidently Elizabeth died in 1928 between 1/1/1928 & 3/8/1928, [not having found out anything that fits, I had extended the death date to 1927-1931 to widen my search, [5] Elizabeth Parkinson was pretty fluent in French, [6] Frederick Ray was an international merchant/businessman based in Bedford, who travelled to the USA on business [sometimes with his son Derick], [7] When Elizabeth Parkinson died, Derick was looked after by a governess Ethel Laura Jex [spinster] until he was an adult [she was in Robbery Bottom around 1928 see electoral register] - see my next post for other inferred info - many thanks

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 20 December 19 18:22 GMT (UK) »
Kezia/Kate's death?
Deaths March quarter  1936   
Kezia Parkinson age 86 (1849/1850) at  Exeter   
Admin with will to Kate Davies widow, 262 8s 4d.

Same Kate Davies as named in George's will?

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 20 December 19 18:26 GMT (UK) »
She could have died as Elizabeth Ray.

There is an Elizabeth R Ray death in St Albans, for starters.

Need to try to decide her birth year.

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 20 December 19 18:36 GMT (UK) »
?
Deaths March quarter 1928   
Elizabeth Ray age 52 (born 1876/1877)   Marylebone   

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 20 December 19 18:37 GMT (UK) »
She died as Elizabeth Ray in 1928  WILL - of Robbery Bottom.

She claims to be a spinster - which she was, I suppose.

Offline drmjgould

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 20 December 19 18:46 GMT (UK) »
Hello everyone again - I had picked up on some of the info already mentioned by previous posts - [1] Parkinson family in Sharnbrook in 1911 Census, which is a few miles north of Milton Ernest, where Frederick Ray's family come from [2 generations], have a lot of info [especially the family's stats], & I have just received George's birth cert & death cert from GRO - his mother was Kate [nee Wilson] & father was George Parkinson [job - draper's traveller] dob: 23/9/1872 near Macclesfield, death 22/6/1915 in Sharnbrook, job - purser, informant E Parkinson [sister], died of chronic kidney disease. If the Sharnbrook EP is the same as EP in Robbery Bottom, then she was born about 1880 in Manchester - Some of the connections with Chorlton in South Manchester may be relevant - I have not come across the George Wilson angle before, so that is also quite interesting - Thanks again!

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 20 December 19 18:53 GMT (UK) »
I have just received George's birth cert & death cert from GRO - his mother was Kate [nee Wilson] & father was George Parkinson [job - draper's traveller] dob: 23/9/1872 near Macclesfield, death 22/6/1915 in Sharnbrook, job - purser, informant E Parkinson [sister],

We think Kate(Kezia) was nee Parkinson and never married George ne Wilson, they just swapped surnames on birth certificate and when they are together on one census.