Author Topic: Searching for Biological Parent of Annie, Born c1873  (Read 12169 times)

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for Biological Parent of Annie, Born c1873
« Reply #135 on: Saturday 01 February 20 12:09 GMT (UK) »
Adelaide Roche BINCH  in 1873. 

...... I am suggesting that  it may be useful to research how the then 'system' dealt with Adelaide and her parents to learn how Annie may have ended up with Sylvia as her foster mum.

JM

Adelaide was made a ward of the state (BINCH), admitted in 1873 and readmitted in 1874.  She survived, married twice in NSW and died in 1958.

https://prov.vic.gov.au/explore-collection/explore-topic/adoption-ward-state-and-care-leaver-records/ward-state-and-care

Debra  :)

Offline BenRalph

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: Monday 28 December 20 00:22 GMT (UK) »
Sorry to anyone thinking there's new info for this topic.

I have spent the last week thinking if this thread and hoping there was new info but it seems not.

I followed this thread closely with interest and awe. I hope this gets resolved in the near future.

Online brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: Friday 08 January 21 10:25 GMT (UK) »
Revisiting this topic its such.an incredible example. Of all types of research combined
 to all who participated  Best wishes for  2022 ..( I.ll skip 2021 )I hope this topic will be revisited then.

It started with not knowing what to do with the.gedmatch data

Leanne im now quite an expert on dna matches and unknown parentage cases and give tutorials to people in understanding their results ( mostly connected to.my family )
My cousin took ancestry test and it looks like his male DNA connects to more people than mine

But still technophobe

Fimnally with his help down/uploaded & unzipped mums dna results to gedmatch.
But dont know how to use it
Was it useful for you

Some ancestry users only accept correspondence if supply gedcode but im not sure where in cyberspace the code is

Have there been anyupdates ?
If you.need help understanding closest matches with locked trees .or ethnicity comparisons
Or colour coding your matches into groups there is plenty of advice and examples on dna forum but id be more than willimg to talk you thru step by step with your mums results

I recommend getting another family member to test so you can triangulate findings
Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson