Author Topic: ELEANOR RYAN FOWLER BOYD, born 1899, FALLIN  (Read 2406 times)

Offline Fergie38

• RootsChat Veteran
  • There's only one eF in Ferguson
    • View Profile
Re: ELEANOR RYAN FOWLER BOYD, born 1899, FALLIN
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 28 July 20 22:47 BST (UK) »
This might help.

Ferguson (Stirling & Parish of Kincardine) Stevenson (Bannockburn) Cowan (Stirling) McLean (Glasgow,  Dundee & Skye)

Offline kathy-9

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 29 July 20 11:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Fergie I am looking into Eleanor Ryan Fowler Boyd, she was my great aunt. The photos you have posted were her parents, James working in Polmaise till about 1920 till he was ill and couldn’t work on the coal face anymore.
I was wondering if anyone had information on Eleanor’s life. I believe she went to the USA at some point in her life.

Offline Fergie38

• RootsChat Veteran
  • There's only one eF in Ferguson
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 29 July 20 15:30 BST (UK) »
A friend of ours was married to Eleanor Ryan's grandson.
She says I can pass on her email address to you if you wish. I'm sure she could tell you a lot about the family.

Robert
Ferguson (Stirling & Parish of Kincardine) Stevenson (Bannockburn) Cowan (Stirling) McLean (Glasgow,  Dundee & Skye)

Offline kathy-9

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 30 July 20 13:26 BST (UK) »
Yes please Robert! Btw I think I have found a photo of the blocks. Will need to find it. Would you be interested in seeing it?

I am looking forward to hearing from her.

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline addamaccada

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 26 September 20 04:25 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone, so great to get new information. My dates were a bit out but you have tidied that up for me. I don’t know of a Joseph Ryan that needs to be gone into. From my understanding Mary Ryan was pregnant when husband John died in 1923, maybe this is the child. Thank you!

Hi Kathy

Mary was pregnant with my maternal Grandmother Margaret Ryan, Eleanor's youngest Sister, when John Died in 1923. I know very little about my Grandmother's side of the family but I have fond memories of spending childhood holiday's with Eleanor, her daughter Edith, Edith's husband Keith & their Daughter's (Eleanor's Granddaughters) Karen & Eleanor during the 1970's

Offline addamaccada

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 26 September 20 12:52 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone, so great to get new information. My dates were a bit out but you have tidied that up for me. I don’t know of a Joseph Ryan that needs to be gone into. From my understanding Mary Ryan was pregnant when husband John died in 1923, maybe this is the child. Thank you!

Hi Kathy

Mary was pregnant with my maternal Grandmother Margaret Ryan, Eleanor's youngest Sister, when John Died in 1923. I know very little about my Grandmother's side of the family but I have fond memories of spending childhood holiday's with Eleanor, her daughter Edith, Edith's husband Keith & their Daughter's (Eleanor's Granddaughters) Karen & Eleanor during the 1970's

I forgot to mention, this was at the farm they lived at near Whitehaven in Cumbria, I have also realised from viewing previous posts, that it was James & not John as I previously said.