Author Topic: George Hudson  (Read 703 times)

Offline NooshieW

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Today is the day of my life
    • View Profile
Re: George Hudson
« Reply #18 on: Friday 03 January 20 19:33 GMT (UK) »
You may be right, but she had a brother Benjamin if I remember rightly, doesn’t mean her fella wasn’t one too though. Sad story , she died so young and then so did her son, if indeed it is her son. Thanks for all your help thus far.
Devon,Cornwall and Somerset
West,Horne,Andrews,Melluish and Denniford

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 03 January 20 19:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I am looking for the parents of George Hudson b1857 in Devon . He is in the 1871 census in Widecombe in the moor as a servant aged 13. He marries Elizabeth Jane Parsons in 1877 in Plympton
,had 5 children and dies in 1885 aged 28. I looked for him around ten years ago and thought I’d look again, but still can’t find his parents.His first two children Lottie and Russel,ended up in Wales ,but I can find no connection there, his other 3 stayed with mother . The fifth child may have been base born when she was widowed. I could do with some help. His wife remarried a ‘Newsom’.

IN Russell's case it appears to be work related - joining the navy and ending up in Wales (by 1911 on the Helwick light ship)

Offline NooshieW

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Today is the day of my life
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 03 January 20 20:11 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, that’s a start, I haven’t a clue why the two eldest children were sent to Wales.
Devon,Cornwall and Somerset
West,Horne,Andrews,Melluish and Denniford