Author Topic: Charles Prosser marriage with Ann (in the 1790s)  (Read 949 times)

Offline jhriera

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Charles Prosser marriage with Ann (in the 1790s)
« on: Sunday 05 January 20 14:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi everybody

I'm looking for a marriage record of Charles Prosser and Ann. After Ann died in 1797, Charles married Elizabeth Matthews in 1813. I have found a memorial inscription in Upton Bishop, stating "Underneath are deposited the remains of ANN, wife of Charles PROSSER, who died July 17th 1797, aged 30 years". Does anyone know who this Ann was and when they got married?

Thanks.

Offline jomcd967

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Charles Prosser marriage with Ann (in the 1790s)
« Reply #1 on: Monday 06 January 20 07:46 GMT (UK) »
No help with the missing marriage, but the following children were baptised to a Charles and Ann Prosser in Bridstow...
Ann, 1791
Thomas, 1794

Jo  :)
Puplett, Sonnex, Lott, Dunkiss, Hart - London area.
Hudson, Jenner, Dedman - Sussex
Leach, Hopkins, Saunders - Wales
Leach, Lipscombe - Hampshire
Sipthorpe - Lancashire
Walters - Cornawall & Australia
Kingshott, Matheson, Pitt, McDonald, Keogh - Australia.

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 06 January 20 09:06 GMT (UK) »
I have a Constance Prosser in my tree b 1650c - she married John Merrick from Llandinabo - I am from Liverpool and my gg grandmother Mary Ann Merrick moved to Garston,Liverpool in 1873 - she was from Ocle Pychard - can I ask - is Bridstow close to Ocle Pychard and Llandinabo - I don't have a place of birth for Constance Prosse - and am now wondering if it could be Bristow - I don't know the area so any help appreciated  :)
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline jhriera

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 07 January 20 14:20 GMT (UK) »
No help with the missing marriage, but the following children were baptised to a Charles and Ann Prosser in Bridstow...
Ann, 1791
Thomas, 1794

Jo  :)

Thanks Jo. In the monumental inscription there is information about the passing of their children, Thomas died in 1797, and Ann died in 1810.