Author Topic: John Cunningham Paisley  (Read 1082 times)

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: John Cunningham Paisley
« Reply #9 on: Monday 13 January 20 16:10 GMT (UK) »
there is 1 roman catholic birth on find my past
for 1820 Paisley unfortnately i have no credits left
Creadits not required; FindMyPast has the image of that baptism. "At Ayr this twenty-seventh day of Augt 1820 I the undersigned baptized John born on the sixth day of July 1820 lawful son of William Cunningham and Elizabeth McGill. The sponsors were Charles Shearer and Mary Mickleroy. William Caven."

This baptism is in the SP index under Paisley St Mirin's RC.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Coningesby

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 15 January 20 13:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carole,
                 It would have been great to find the two John Cunningham's together on the 1841
census.....but I could not find it either! However as the family were Travellers/Hawkers, I am not too surprised!
All we know is from John Jnrs marriage cert. is that his father was John Cunningham.

I fell back on the 1871 census Scarborough, where Mary SMOLE (sic) a widow aged 40
 born Stockton was living with her BROTHER John Cunningham.

Her name was actually Mary SMALL. (She can be seen on various Scarborough census'....up until 1901 when she is in the Scarborough Workhouse aged 71)

Mary Ann Cunningham married Thomas Small in 1851
Her Catholic baptism 1st September 1830 in Stockton states Father John Cunningham Mother Helen Cunningham formally Makin

All of her siblings had similar Catholic baptisms Rose-Thomas- Ellen All stated as being the children
of John Cunningham and Helen Magin, Maken or Mc Ginn

So, without the actual baptism/registration of John Cunningham Jnr, (Paisley) the fact that Mary Smole/ Small refers to her 'brother' John Cunningham, I think we can take it he had the same parents.

Watson (Worcestershire/Herefordshire/Norfolk/Yorkshire)
Coningesby
(Herefordshire)
Owens
(Westmeath Ireland/Hull east Yorkshire)
Grey (Buildwas Abbey Shropshire)
Hungerford-
 South Marston/Salisbury/Lincolnshire Wilts

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 15 January 20 16:23 GMT (UK) »
. (Slip of the finger!)
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.