Author Topic: McWhidd/Mahood of Drumdinnis, Knockbride, Baillieborough  (Read 1761 times)

Offline JACK GEE

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McWhidd/Mahood of Drumdinnis, Knockbride, Baillieborough
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 31 March 20 09:58 BST (UK) »
Hello Gillian,
 i was in contact with a Georgina Mahood in Cloverdale WA about 20 years ago. Is she one of your contacts?
Cheers
jack Gee
GILBERT-ShirehamptonEng-Vic/Australia,HERWEG-WoltwiescheGERmany-Vic/Aust,CREIGHTON-Donegal-NI,Gosforth/CumbriaEng-Vic/Aust,MCCLURE-Cloghroe/KillynureDonegal NI,Vic/Aust,PATULLO-StMadoesPerthshire-Vic/Aust,NICHOLAS-Nth CheritonEng/Vic Aust,COX-ShirehamptonEng,FORD-MidsomerNortonEng,THOMAS-Pilton/Devon,EDWARDS-Bristol/Eng,BOND-Norfolk,NAU-Germany,SINGLETON-MuncasterEng,LADLAY-GosforthEng,JOHNSTONE-BalmerinoFife, TEMPLE-StranorlarNI,GRAHAM,CRAIGIE,HALL,HANNAM,GINGELL,HALE,OSMAN,BRITTON,HARVEY,ALLEN

Offline Gikily

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 31 March 20 10:43 BST (UK) »
Jack,
I don't know Georgina, but I can see that she might be the daughter in law of one of William and Jane's children.  I am only familiar with those in my own family line.  Might be nice to follow up.  If you can help me out with any of my previously listed queries, that would be fantastic.
Many thanks, Gillian.

Offline ngcarson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 30 November 20 11:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jack
I’m Georgina who was in Cloverdale some 20 years ago.
No Gillian I’m not the daughter-in-law of William and Jane.
My father was William Mahood,
His Parents: Gordon Mahood and Georgina Tonkin.
Grandparents: William Mahood and Mary Alice Stevenson
G Grandparents: William Mahood and Jane Smith
Georgina

Offline ngcarson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 30 November 20 12:36 GMT (UK) »
Gillian

I can tell you that I found William and Catherine arrived in South Australia with 4 Children - 3 boys 1 daughter. I have a lot of information on the Mahoods, I was told that my Dads Family travelled from Kapunda SA where we were told they ran a hotel until they went broke, making their way to Cue in search of Gold. where my great grandad William (Bill) Mahood other wise know as Bebee by his grandsons.and his siblings James Wallace, Samuel Arthur, Sarah jane, Eliza, Mary Anne, Emily Ruth, Henry Bruce. married and lived. there is a routunder in Cue in honor of Samuel. he was a writer for murchison times.I did find Mary Anne and her husband's headstones at karrakatta cementry.

Georgina