Author Topic: Exciting find  (Read 3040 times)

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Exciting find
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 21 January 20 17:35 GMT (UK) »
Well SP is back up and running so started working on looking for a marriage of the next child, John.

There are loads of trees on Ancestry having him married to a Fanny, born Buckinghamshire yet having the parents I have for him being born and dying in Ayrshire.  I have his Dad's traced via leases etc and have his address from 1795 until his death in 1850.  Also John's baptism in Ayrshire so pretty sure his parents didn't nip to Buckinghamshire and back.  Also have found John's marriage to a Mary in Ayrshire with his address as recorded by the minister matching the aforementioned addresses.  So no idea where all these people got their info from.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline dowdstree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mary Malcolm - 1860 to 1945 - My Great Granny
    • View Profile
Re: Exciting find
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 21 January 20 18:16 GMT (UK) »
Isn't it great to have SP up and running again. You have been very busy and have managed to prove your information. That's all that matters.

We all know some of the rubbish that can be found on Ancestry Trees that are not properly researched and copied from one tree to another. Don't get me started  ;D ;D

Wonderful for you.

Dorrie
Small, County Antrim & Dundee
Dickson, County Down & Dundee
Madden, County Westmeath
Patrick, Fife
Easson, Fife
Leslie, Fife
Paterson, Fife