Author Topic: Laurel May Sidebothan - Born 1921 Grenfell  (Read 466 times)

Offline Joe Costello

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Laurel May Sidebothan - Born 1921 Grenfell
« on: Monday 13 January 20 11:11 GMT (UK) »
Gday,
Laurel May Sidebothan and she was born in Grenfell.  Parents William Thomas Sidebothan & Emma Gee.  She married Reginald Cahill in 1940.  They divorced in the 1959.  I have no other confirmed details of her life after that other than 1963 Electoral Roll, Abbotsford Victoria.  Please assist me if you can ?
Costello, Irvine, Cahill, Fleming, Allen, Hawke, Dyball, Dawes, Moss, Carruthers

Offline cupoflife

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Laurel May Sidebothan - Born 1921 Grenfell
« Reply #1 on: Monday 13 January 20 12:03 GMT (UK) »
https://billiongraves.com/grave/Laurel-May-Cahill/4066488
Laurel May Cahill
Died: 2 Jan 1994
Cheltenham New Cemetery

Online matthewj64

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 13 January 20 12:16 GMT (UK) »

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 13 January 20 12:17 GMT (UK) »
Grave location from Cheltenham Burial Register

CAHILL   Laurel May   06/01/1994   72 years 30*1P*N
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 14 January 20 01:00 GMT (UK) »
I'm assuming you have information about  her prior to the divorce?  There is a tree on ancestry suggesting that Laurel and Reginald had a son born 1942 and died in Sydney 1990.  However I can find no provable sightings and there are no references on the tree, so can't say if this is correct. The death notice for this man says that he had a brother "Bert" but there's no mention of this Bert on the tree.  I doubt if this man is related.

The fact that the MI as shown by cupoflife mentions only Laurel's friends may suggest that possibly there were no children or that Laurel and any children were estranged.

Not much help, really!  Judith

DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cupoflife

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 14 January 20 01:37 GMT (UK) »
Leader 5th Jan 1940 https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/255243671
WEDDING. CAHILL—SIDEBOTHAM

Divorce file may have more information, marriage certificate, any children etc
NRS-13495-24-421-936/1959 | Divorce papers Reginald Spencer Cahill - Laurel May Cahill
If you require assistance, you can put a request for Ros to kindly add to her ‘to do’ list for a lookup/copy, the next time she is at the archives.
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=703011.0

Offline cupoflife

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 14 January 20 01:51 GMT (UK) »
I'm assuming you have information about  her prior to the divorce?  There is a tree on ancestry suggesting that Laurel and Reginald had a son born 1942 and died in Sydney 1990.  However I can find no provable sightings and there are no references on the tree, so can't say if this is correct. The death notice for this man says that he had a brother "Bert" but there's no mention of this Bert on the tree.  I doubt if this man is related.

The fact that the MI as shown by cupoflife mentions only Laurel's friends may suggest that possibly there were no children or that Laurel and any children were estranged.

Not much help, really!  Judith

Reginald Spencer CAHILL death notice mentions two sons. His second wife Mary Yvonne CAHILL death notice does not mention any children.
NSW marriage: 824/1965 Reginald Spencer CAHILL and Mary Yvonne KIRBY; Sydney

SMH Saturday, May 28, 1983, Page 110
CAHILL. Reginald Spencer. May 26, 1983, at hospital, late of Charlescott Avenue. Punchbowl, formerly of Canowindra. beloved husband of Yvonne, loved father of Bert and Bill, loved and respected grandfather of C********, M***, R*****, fond brother Leslie, Ellen, Stafford and Leo (all deceased), and Gladys. Dorothy, Vincent, Phyliss, Robert and Marl. Aged 74 Years. Rest In peace.

SMH Saturday, June 15, 1996, Page 110
CAHILL, Mary Yvonne. June 14, 1996, at nursing nome, late or Punchbowl, beloved wife of Reginald (deceased), daughter of Laurence and Mabel (both deceased), sister to Jack. Kathleen and Camiilus (deceased), aunt to D****. J******* and M***; J***, P**** and R*****; H**** and great-aunt to their children. Aged 79 years.

SMH Thursday June 7, 1990 Page 35
CAHILL, William James. — June 5, 1990. at hospital, late of Sanctuary Point formerly of Lethbridge Park, much loved husband of R***, loved father of C********, M*** and M*******, loved stepfather of J****, R***** and W****, loved brother of Bert. Taken in his 49th year. Will be sadly missed.

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 14 January 20 05:14 GMT (UK) »
1963 Electoral rolls show the following, all at 28 Windsor Rd, Dulwich Hill

Reginald Spencer CAHILL, shot blaster
William James CAHILL, railway employee
and another man and woman who may still be living, but the name of the man could easily be the "Bert" referred to in the notices posted by cupoflife.

I cannot see William James CAHILL on the rolls earlier than 1963 (might have missed him) which would support the theory that he was born in 1941/2 and thus was 21 in 1963 and could enrol to vote.  Only speculation though!

Judith

DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Joe Costello

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 14 January 20 07:26 GMT (UK) »
William James CAHILL born 1942
Bertram Robert Francis CAHILL born 1940
Costello, Irvine, Cahill, Fleming, Allen, Hawke, Dyball, Dawes, Moss, Carruthers