Author Topic: Annie Bushell of Eastwood  (Read 535 times)

Offline bailey172

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Annie Bushell of Eastwood
« on: Monday 13 January 20 21:28 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I've been stuck on a bit of a puzzle over the Christmas period and I can't seem to see the wood for the trees (or indeed the Bushells) so wondered if anybody here has encountered a similar issue before and might be able to advise...

Here is the information I have for this relative, Annie Bushell, traced mostly through records on ScotlandsPeople:
- Born 1890 to William Bushell and Mary (Anderson)
- Living in 1911 at 31 Pleasance Street with father William Bushell, stepmother Helen (Strang) and siblings - Annie is age 21 and working as a bleachfield worker

The marriage record I have found is for an Annie Bushell, married in 1912 to William Green. Annie's address is given as 31 Pleasance Street and her age as 22. However, while her father is William Bushell, the mother here is listed as Margaret (previously McCafferty(?) born Blakeley).

I can't work this one out. Could it be a possible error on the record, or am I the one who has slipped up somewhere? Has anyone else experienced something like this before?

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Annie Bushell of Eastwood
« Reply #1 on: Monday 13 January 20 22:04 GMT (UK) »
Have you found her in 1891 and 1901?  Mother is Mary in 1891 b Kilsyth 1870 but in 1901 she is Mary b 1863 Pollokshaws Renfrew

William Bushell & Mary Anderson married 1889
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 13 January 20 22:16 GMT (UK) »
There are 1881 entries matching both Mary’s.  The entry for Mary Anderson b Pollokshaws 1864 shows her mother as Margaret

What was William Bushell’s occupation in 1911 and on the 1912 marriage cert?

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline bailey172

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 14 January 20 21:06 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Carole. William's occupation in the 1911 census was Slaters' Labourer and in 1912 on this marriage certificate it says 'Labourer'.

I'll dig back into this over the weekend, thanks for your hints.