Author Topic: what became of Martha & Samuel TIBBEY? * COMPLETED*  (Read 807 times)

Offline Westy11

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
what became of Martha & Samuel TIBBEY? * COMPLETED*
« on: Monday 20 January 20 07:39 GMT (UK) »
Don't seem to be able to get any traction on this couple so hoping for some assistance please.

Martha PERKIN/S bap 1759 at Church Pulverbatch, Shropshire daughter of Richard PERKIN/S & Joyce STREFFORD married Samuel TIBBEY by Licence 17 Oct 1780 at Church Stoke, Montgomeryshire.

I located one son of the couple - Richard Perkins TIBBEY bap 1781 Hyssington, Montgomeryshire,

After that I lose track of the couple.

Their son Richard was deceased by 25 November 1836 as I located a Will and an article "Notice to Creditors".  Richard was noted as a farmer and living at Netley, Salop.

From what I can read of the Will he had issue - no mention of his parents or other siblings appears  mentioned in his Will [although the writing is a challenge and will take me some time to transcribe it].

Assistance gratefully received.

Westy

Offline DCB

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: what became of Martha & Samuel TIBBEY?
« Reply #1 on: Monday 20 January 20 09:31 GMT (UK) »
Possibility:-

A Samuel Tibbey, b 1758,  of Dorrington, Condover, was buried in in Church Pulverbatch, Shropshire, on 5th Jan 1818

The administrator of his estate was Richard Tibbey

A Martha Tibbey, b 1758, of Dorrington, Condover, was buried in Church Pulverbatch, Shropshire, on 3rd April 1826

David

P.S. - Samuel Tibbey, son of John and Mary was baptised in Churchstoke, Montgomeryshire, on 8th May 1757

Offline Westy11

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: what became of Martha & Samuel TIBBEY?
« Reply #2 on: Monday 20 January 20 10:06 GMT (UK) »
Hello David,

Thanks so much.  You found the couple.

No idea why I had such difficulty but nonetheless I did.

Westy