Author Topic: i need help please  (Read 954 times)

Offline WILLIAM 1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
i need help please
« on: Friday 24 January 20 10:14 GMT (UK) »
I have looked and looked and I cant find anything at all what happened to james fitzsimmons different spelling for last name. james fitzsimmons married Margaret Caskie different spelling for her last name as well. they got married on 07/10/1849 in Girvan Scotland and had one daughter so I have marriage cert for them and birth and marriage for the daughter and death for daughter. and death for Margaret
then in 1851 Margaret married joseph brown 24/02/1851 in Girvan Scotland. yes it is the same person and same wife. now I cant find anything at all about james if the divorced Margaret or did he die but I don't think he died before 1869 as it says on his daughters marriage cert james fitzsimmons dead I have  james born 1824 ayr Scotland but no parents. so need help what happened to james fitzsimmons why only married for 2 years
brown family mcclinton (and variants), mcfarlane, buchanan,murray,caskie(and variants) hay family. mcpherson family.mckenzie.whiteside.nichol

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: i need help please
« Reply #1 on: Friday 24 January 20 11:22 GMT (UK) »
Marriage as transcribed below on Scotlands People
FITZSUMMONS   JAMES   MARGARET CASKIE   07/10/1849   Girvan, Ayrshire

I note the birth of their daughter on one Ancestry tree but no record on SP?

The tree suggests that James was born in Dublin and died 1850 Old Luce Wigtownshire.

Colin

Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: i need help please
« Reply #2 on: Friday 24 January 20 11:25 GMT (UK) »
If Margaret Caskie was married in 1849 and again in 1851, her first husband must have died, because at that time divorce was very difficult and expensive, and in practice out of the reach of the average person.

Most deaths before the start of civil registration in 1855 went unrecorded. If you can't find it on Scotland's People, you could try Ayrshire Archives to see if they have a burial record. But don't hold your breath. http://www.ayrshirearchives.org.uk/

A quick look for James Fitzs* on SP and FreeCEN suggests that all the James Fitzsimons and variants in Scotland in 1841 were born in Ireland. There are two recorded baptisms in the OPRs of James Fits*m*n in Scotland old enough to marry in 1849, one in Corstorphine in 181 and one in Glasserton in 1828, but neither is in the 1841 census.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.