Author Topic: Thomas Corry 1733-1786 b Cavan m Rebecca Stewart of Bailieboro  (Read 898 times)

Offline mindfulroz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Thomas Corry 1733-1786 b Cavan m Rebecca Stewart of Bailieboro
« on: Friday 24 January 20 10:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Does anyone have any information on Thomas Corry and how he links in to the Corrys that originated in Monaghan and also spread to Newry? Or any sources that would be useful
thanks

Offline Les57

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Corry 1733-1786 b Cavan m Rebecca Stewart of Bailieboro
« Reply #1 on: Friday 28 February 20 12:13 GMT (UK) »
Corrie's and Stewart's still reside in the Bailieborough area. Although your spelling is 'Corry' I suspect
this may be incorrect? The first Corrie who settled in Bailieborough mid 1800s came from Ballybay in Co Monaghan. Part of the Bailieborough Corrie family also settled in Canada. I have quite a bit of family tree information on Corrie families. https://www.bailiepublications.com

Offline iem

• RootsChat Member
  • Magrath-Crowe & Magrath-McClean family of Dublin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 29 February 20 18:40 GMT (UK) »
Have you seen the handwritten family tree in Crossle's Genealogical Abstracts on findmypast.ie?
Magrath, Dublin & Lucan & Cavan
Carruthers/Crothers, Dublin
Crowe, Dublin
McClean, Dublin, Lucan, Armagh & Newry
Sharp, Wilburton & Cambridge,
Laffon - Castres en Tarn, Bordeaux, Amsterdam, Dublin

Offline mindfulroz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 07 March 20 17:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Thanks for both replies - I have now found the Crosslee family tree. Thomas m Rebecca Stewart is definitely Corry spelling.
However I am still interested in Corry/Corrie originating from Ballybay who moved to Bailieboro as there were Corrys in Lattom Aughnamullen parish in the early 1800's who lived close to my Danceys in Aughnamullen parish.
Also I'm trying to see if/how Corrys link up to Stewart Corry/Corrie Chambers of Bailieboro (approx dates 1817 to 1874) With Corry/Corrie as a middle name it would seem likely a mother/grandmother was a Corry/Corrie
Thanks