Author Topic: James Hutchinson 1861 census  (Read 192 times)

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James Hutchinson 1861 census
« on: Saturday 25 January 20 12:52 GMT (UK) »
Please could someone have a go at deciphering the attached 1861 entry for James Hutchinson born 1790 Allendale, Northumberland. On the 1861 he is transcribed as Hutchmore. He is in Allendale in the home of his son in law John Kenleyside 52 and daughter Mary Kenleyside 48.

I am particularly interested in what it says in the column as regards marriage and in the occupation column.

Thank you.
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: James Hutchinson 1861 census
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 25 January 20 12:54 GMT (UK) »
My first thought was Wid_

Proprietor of Money   :-\ . ::) .
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Hutchinson 1861 census
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 25 January 20 13:01 GMT (UK) »
My first thought was Wid_

Proprietor of Money   :-\ . ::) .

Interesting I would not of got that (proprietor of money), not a phrase I have heard before on a census.
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.