Author Topic: Polette Villette  (Read 5170 times)

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Polette Villette
« Reply #72 on: Monday 27 January 20 18:23 GMT (UK) »
https://archivesenligne.pasdecalais.fr/console/ir_seriel_visu.php?SID=ag140d9k8ovfkn0v047b9j2h21&id=241299880&l=2544&h=1321&titre=241299880#
slide 54/1317

I found a Charles VILLETTE son of Charles VILLETTE, 44 years' old ,17 april 1821, in Montreuil sur mer , Pas-de-Calais.
Father was a soldier from Bordeaux, married the mother in 1824, the mother  was Augustine AUGIAS , 25 years'old.

I go on to find  Hyppolite .

Offline scottmathew

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Monday 27 January 20 18:27 GMT (UK) »
joger - This is encouraging. If you're saying that the son, Charles, was born in 1821 that fits with the Charles (employed as a tailor) who came to England with wife Amy and daughter Camile - as I think he too was born in the 1820s, I think 1821. It does seem our hunch that this Charles (born in 1820s) being a much older brother of Polite Villette is proving to be correct.

ADDED: Joger - For some reason, the French links don't open up for me on my laptop. I'm not sure why.

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile

Offline scottmathew

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Monday 27 January 20 18:49 GMT (UK) »
http://archivesenligne.pasdecalais.fr/console/ir_seriel_visu.php?SID=ag140d9k8ovfkn0v047b9j2h21&id=241299880&l=2544&h=1321&titre=241299880
This one works.

slide 54

Thanks. Just had a look. I wish I could read the language!

We're really onto it now. The Charles Villette born in 1821 in Montreul (son of a soldier Charles Villette from Bordeaux who was aged 44 in 1821?) must surely be the same Charles Villette born in 1821 in Montreul who was residing in Westminster by the 1860s with wife Amy and daughter Camile.
Charles and Amy Villette were witnesses at the wedding of Polite Villette and Rebecca Hull in Westminster in 1858. While not impossible, it's extremely unlikely this is a different Charles. And this must have been Polite's older brother.

So joger seems to have found a record in France with details of Charles Villette the father of Polite, but we cannot find Polite himself as of yet.

Offline scottmathew

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Monday 27 January 20 18:54 GMT (UK) »

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Monday 27 January 20 18:57 GMT (UK) »
I'll translate them tomorrow , now I have to go.
Notice that the  bride's name is a little different from the name at Charles junior's birth. It happened sometimes when the parents were not married , they lied a little on the names.

Offline scottmathew

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Monday 27 January 20 19:00 GMT (UK) »
I'll translate them tomorrow , now I have to go.
Notice that the  bride's name is a little different from the name at Charles junior's birth. It happened sometimes when the parents were not married , they lied a little on the names.

Thanks, joger. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help with this. We're definitely getting there. Polite/Polette/Hyppolite Villette seems to have anticipated that I'd come looking for him over a century and a half later and has succeeded in deliberately avoiding the records! Hahaha.

Added: Charles junior seems to have died in or around 1903 in St James, Westminster, London.