Author Topic: how to find a grave wales  (Read 2853 times)

Offline mrs.c.

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: how to find a grave wales
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 25 January 20 18:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi, thank you for your replies to me,Rees price is of our family he is in the grave with Thomas Price my husbands g/grandfather.Have you been able to get hold of plot numbers? I think the Robert's do not have a headstone.

Offline Sam Swift

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 11 February 20 16:15 GMT (UK) »
sadly not for the years you are interested in.

Offline WelshGen

• RootsChat Senior
  • http://www.spanglefish.com/welshgenealogy/
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 16 March 20 14:24 GMT (UK) »
If the cemetery is on 'Find a Grave' you may be able to work out by headstones listed were it may be. Cemetery headstones are usually nearest chapel/church are older. Link is to the Calvanistic church in Llanwrtyd. https://www.findagrave.com/cemetery/2193774/calvinistic-methodist-church-cemetery
Found St. Davids but it is not much help. You could sign in and put in a request https://www.findagrave.com/cemetery/2690767/st.-david's-churchyard
Jones, Parry, Williams on Lleyn, Hughes, Thomas on Anglesey/Caernarvonshire, Blunt, Davies, Lee in Dudley, Staffs
Cox, Humphreys and Keech, Bedford
My website http://www.spanglefish.com/welshgenealogy/

Offline Talacharn

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 16 March 20 16:42 GMT (UK) »
Looking on Google Maps it does not look that large a cemetry and well cared for. Is there a Rootschat member living locally who could visit, transcribe if necessary and photograph? It would take me well over an hour, or I would have volunteered.

Offline mrs.c.

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 16 March 20 19:21 GMT (UK) »
Hello,Thankyou for your interest it is difficult to get to the area for us.

Offline Talacharn

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 27 March 20 19:16 GMT (UK) »
The other week, before lock-down, I drove across to the church/graveyard. It was raining, as usual. These days my walking is not as good as it used to be. I looked at some stones from around the same period, one being a Price by the gate. Because of the weather and being exposed, there has been so much erosion that it was difficult to read the details. Also, Google Street View, did not show how uneven the graveyard is, with deep, wet grass, so I did not attempt to look around. There are many column type of stones, either square or round, so several deaths could be written on one. I was intending to return when the weather was better; but now that will not be for a while. From what I saw, there seemed no grid for grave numbers, without huge effort, there will be no chance of working it out. Tir Abad seem to be graves reserved for church people.

Offline mrs.c.

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 27 March 20 19:45 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much for taking the time to go to the churchyard for us.I think until the vicar actually finds the plot numbers I do not think we can find the family.Because the family all died within a short time of each other we think they are all in the same plot or grave. Enoch died 1913,Rebecca died 1916 and Hartley died 1917. Its so sad really.Thankyou.