Author Topic: Laleham (now in Surrey) - Parish Register of Baptisms c1795  (Read 379 times)

Online Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Laleham (now in Surrey) - Parish Register of Baptisms c1795
« on: Tuesday 28 January 20 17:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I will post this same message on the Middlesex board as I am really not sure which county to post in.  I know Laleham is now in Surrey but for the time period I am searching it was in Middlesex.

I am after the baptism of an Elizabeth/Mary/Elizabeth Mary/Mary Elizabeth Turner between 1790 and possibly 1805.

I believe, as Mary Turner, she married a William Bishop at Lamberhurst, Kent on 2 May 1820 and then settled and had children in Brighton, Sussex.  She is in all the 1841-1891 censuses for Brighton mostly as Elizabeth Bishop but recorded as Mary Bishop in 1861.  Her birth county seems to vary between Sussex, Kent and Middlesex but the place seems to be fairly stable as Laleham/Laglem.

I can't find the Laleham baptism registers online at all (and have looked under Staines, Surrey) so wondered if anybody had sight of them to look this up or could point me in the right direction.

Thanks, Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Online Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Laleham (now in Surrey) - Parish Register of Baptisms c1795
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 28 January 20 17:49 GMT (UK) »
Just to say that I have been told on the Middlesex thread that the Laleham parish registers are held at the LMA, so a trip to London called for.

Pheno
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline jane harrison

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 29 January 20 01:43 GMT (UK) »
Not sure if it will help but the only church i know of in Laleham village is All Saints Cof E they also have a school named the same across the road also just down the road is laleham parish office & heritage centre  phone no 01784 441160 almost sure this is the church connected to & used by the missing lord Lucan's family 

Online Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 29 January 20 09:29 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Jane for this info - I will take it forward and hope that the Heritage Centre might be able to help.

Thanks, Pheno
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Wray - Yorkshire