Author Topic: Diana Iken /Ikin  (Read 698 times)

Offline Mansfield Gal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Diana Iken /Ikin
« on: Wednesday 05 February 20 04:44 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your assistance -  :)

I am looking for a Diana Iken or Ikin born/baptised around 1836 however, this could be later as her husband was born 1839

According to the census she was born Montgomery Wales - but later she married in 1860 to Richard Green in Lancashire - interestingly enough he was born in Leicestershire

I have checked both ancestry and FindMyPast and I am coming up with nothing - any help would be much appreciated - thanks Karen
Descendants of Maternal grandparents: Sidney Bowskill and Hilda Hallam: Paternal Grandparents: Leslie England and Mabel Hoggard - Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, and Yorkshire

Online Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diana Iken /Ikin
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 05 February 20 06:07 GMT (UK) »
You will have seen the baptism on FindMyPast of a Diana Ikin on 13 April 1833 in Montgomery with parents Samuel and Martha.    Martha died pre 1841 and Samuel died in 1842 after which I can't see Diana in later census years

I wonder whether this Diana might have taken a few years off her age when she married a younger hussband - my grandmother did  :-\

Kay

Offline Brentor boy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 05 February 20 06:52 GMT (UK) »
From Free Reg.
Marriage. Samuel Ikin/Martha Weaver.  18 Sept 1815. St Nicholas,  Montgomery. Looks as if Diana was born late in the marriage. Possibly cared for by adult siblings in 1851 after death of parents.

Offline Mansfield Gal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 05 February 20 08:42 GMT (UK) »
I ha
From Free Reg.
Marriage. Samuel Ikin/Martha Weaver.  18 Sept 1815. St Nicholas,  Montgomery. Looks as if Diana was born late in the marriage. Possibly cared for by adult siblings in 1851 after death of parents.
  thank you for that - no luck with her actual baptism ??
Descendants of Maternal grandparents: Sidney Bowskill and Hilda Hallam: Paternal Grandparents: Leslie England and Mabel Hoggard - Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, and Yorkshire

Offline Mansfield Gal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 05 February 20 08:44 GMT (UK) »
You will have seen the baptism on FindMyPast of a Diana Ikin on 13 April 1833 in Montgomery with parents Samuel and Martha.    Martha died pre 1841 and Samuel died in 1842 after which I can't see Diana in later census years

I wonder whether this Diana might have taken a few years off her age when she married a younger hussband - my grandmother did  :-\

Kay
no I didn't see that - possibly as I was looking for her (1836 - 1839) as her husband Richard was born 1839 - will go back to Findmypast - thank you for that :)

Offline Mansfield Gal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 05 February 20 08:48 GMT (UK) »
THANK YOU TO ALL - BAPTISM SOLVED  :D :D :D :D

Online Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 05 February 20 09:07 GMT (UK) »
Glad it was of use  ;D   Such an unusual name

Kay

Offline Mansfield Gal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 05 February 20 09:15 GMT (UK) »
Glad it was of use  ;D   Such an unusual name

Kay
it was and it is - funny how I got her father's year of death, but can't find it on the gro site but it comes up through ancestry - back to the grindstone

Online Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 05 February 20 09:18 GMT (UK) »
It is on the burials on FindMyPast as well for Montgomeryshire