Author Topic: Medals and Clasps under the army order, issued on 1st April 1901  (Read 594 times)

Offline leonaVDW

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Medals and Clasps under the army order, issued on 1st April 1901
« Reply #9 on: Friday 07 February 20 15:04 GMT (UK) »
Let me know if I need to reply to each one seperately...

Alas!!!!  This man is too young. Information I got from the Anglo Boer War page says he was 24 years old when he enlisted. My Gg grandfather had 5 children already by the start of ABW. 1st child born 1868, supposedly in Kimberley, last child born 1886 Mafeking. The family also lived somewhere between Mafeking and Bulawayo [as known at the time] late 1800s-early1900s. That's why my heart lept when I saw the basic information.

Thank you all so very much for your time and looking the information up. I appreciate each one, and happy to have come across this website!
I am so dissappointed though, as I wanted to be done with searching, and also to surprise his living great grands who have no information on him.

Regards to each one!
Leona.

Offline MaxD

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 07 February 20 16:43 GMT (UK) »
One day chicken, next day feathers  :)

You are most welcome.  Apart from the fact that it keeps me off the streets, I certainly learn something new with almost every bit of digging around so none of the research is wasted - who knows, John Henry's descendants may turn up one day looking for information!

You seem to have a lot of information up to the 1900s.  Is it now a question of filling in the gap between then and now?  Posting on the S Africa board may be worth doing?

Good luck!

MaxD

I am Zoe Northeast, granddaughter of Maximilian Double.

It is with great difficulty I share with you that in the early hours of 07 August 2021, Maximilian passed away unexpectedly but peacefully.

With deep sadness,
Zoe

Double  Essex/Suffolk
Randle/Millington Warwicks
Sokser/Klingler Austria/Croatia

Offline leonaVDW

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 07 February 20 17:10 GMT (UK) »
Thanks MaxD!