Author Topic: Look up for Bromsgrove records please  (Read 1163 times)

Offline Graye

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Look up for Bromsgrove records please
« on: Sunday 09 February 20 21:57 GMT (UK) »
Is there anyone able to do a look up for Bromsgrove a B/C please?

I haven't quite got to the bottom of why but I have Thomas Brown and Elsie Capener (Thomas firmly from the Barnt Green area and Elsie living just into Birmingham) marrying in Whitehaven, Cumberland in 4th quarter 1913.  Their first child Louis George was also born there 21 April 1914.  They then moved back to Barnt Green and Leslie was born 1st qtr 1919 followed by Charles H who was born back in Whitehaven in 1921.  Their last child Gertrude was again born in Bromsgrove in 1929.

I'm trying to trace children of any of the three boys, I know that Gertrude never married or had children.  Louis George married Violet Griffiths in 1943 but I don't think they had children, so it leaves me with Leslie and Charles but I can find nothing about their marriages/deaths etc.

I'm thinking that once I can establish their actual dates of birth I should be able to trace info on their deaths (does anyone know I can do this sort of reverse searching?) and see who did the notifications etc. 

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Look up for Bromsgrove records please
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 09 February 20 22:38 GMT (UK) »
You can't lookup Birth Certificates - you have to buy them ;D

Try using FreeBMD.org.uk?
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 09 February 20 22:50 GMT (UK) »
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 09 February 20 22:52 GMT (UK) »
Will ask moderator to lock this post as more info posted on duplicate thread
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Graye

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 09 February 20 22:54 GMT (UK) »
I don't see what the comment about locking this is all about?  I asked about Bromsgrove on the Worcestershire page and for different info on Cumberland on another.  Is there a problem with that?

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 09 February 20 22:59 GMT (UK) »
Duplicate posts on different boards cause a lot of wasted time and duplicated info.  If you find it necessary to post on different boards please include that info in each post plus the link to the other post.

You will note that KGarrad has posted the same info as myself re birth cert lookups
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Graye

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 09 February 20 23:04 GMT (UK) »
I'm sure you're right, however I didn't see a problem with asking for a look up for info in Bromsgrove and a separate one for Whitehaven.  They would hardly be the same person doing the looking up, given they are several hundred miles apart.  I will just buy the certs and do the research myself if this is the reaction I get from a simple request.

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 09 February 20 23:14 GMT (UK) »
The Law does not allow anyone to lookup information on Birth, Marriage and Death Certificates ;D

The only options are to buy a copy, or find a Parish Register entry.
And for PR entries, you need to know the church involved.

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 09 February 20 23:23 GMT (UK) »
I'm sure you're right, however I didn't see a problem with asking for a look up for info in Bromsgrove and a separate one for Whitehaven.  They would hardly be the same person doing the looking up, given they are several hundred miles apart.  I will just buy the certs and do the research myself if this is the reaction I get from a simple request.

If you have done any family history research before - and as you have made 170+ posts i guess you have - you surely must know that no-one has access to the actual BMD certificates to get the detail you are looking for, and they have to be bought. And primarily, the amazing people on this site do lookups from any number of online sources to try and help instantly; if you post the same request on 2 boards it is quite likely that the effort will be duplicated.
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....