Author Topic: Harrison family of Penrith 1700s - any ideas welcomed please  (Read 572 times)

Offline Bridgebabe

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Harrison family of Penrith 1700s - any ideas welcomed please
« on: Monday 10 February 20 15:35 GMT (UK) »
I have found daughters of the Harrison family (Ann Harrison b abt 1770 and sister Sarah b abt 1771 -from 1841 census document) married into the Buchanan/Lamb family, all of Penrith.  Would be grateful for any suggestions as to their antecedents.  many thanks

Offline westlass

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Harrison family of Penrith 1700s - any ideas welcomed please
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 19 February 20 17:37 GMT (UK) »
hello had a quick look Ann who married William Buchannan 1811 st Andrews Penrith was daughter of DR Harrison , deceased , Anthony Harrison was a Doctor in Penrith , his Wife Barbara , hope this helps 

Offline Bridgebabe

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 21 February 20 10:35 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for this info. Using it I was able to find that Sarah Harrison Lamb b 1771 (from her MI) and other sources is probably not the sister of Ann.  The Buchanan and Lamb families were intermarried, and had trade and professional connections, locally in Westmorland  and in London, and further afield (Oz). These families were  from around the Penrith and Kirkby Stephen area, so there were possibly/probably family links for Sarah and Ann. (I think perhaps Sarah might have been the daughter of Thomas Harrison of Warcop- another investigation!)  many thanks for your help

Offline westlass

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 21 February 20 17:38 GMT (UK) »
hello Sarah married Edward Lamb In Kirkby Lonsdale Westmorland and can be found there in 1841, regards westlass

Offline Penberthy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 17 June 22 00:51 BST (UK) »
I think that Sarah 1771 parents Thomas and Elizabeth.  They had many children in family search, however two Thomas at that time married Elizabeth named Chapelhow 1755 and Gallaway 1750.  I am searching for my ancestor Anthony born 1758 to 1806.  Could have been brother or cousin of Sarah.  So many by name of Thomas.  I can however go back from Thomas 1440 Kendal whose family travelled south to many places and eventually Northampton where Benjamin Harrison born 1594 to USA the 1st President.
If anyone can tell me Thomasís father would be grateful born abt 1720 at Warcop Uk