Author Topic: Photographs of Dean Street, Swindon  (Read 1181 times)

Offline toby webb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Photographs of Dean Street, Swindon
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 21 March 20 14:44 GMT (UK) »
If you should find this collection of photos, I urge you to offer sight of them to the Local collection in Swindon's central library for inclusion of copies into their very extensive local collection.
Try https://www.flickr.com/photos/39771107@N08/    for size. T

Offline artifis

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 21 March 20 15:14 GMT (UK) »
Good point, unfortunately the Covid-19 crisis has overtaken any further research, the key members of the family whose collections I need to look through are all, like me, firmly in the at risk age group plus one has very bad health issues needing twice daily care people attendance which is a big risk and won't want me adding to that.

Whenever I can again safely visit I will follow it up and certainly copy photos to the Local Collection at Swindon if I find any.

Offline toby webb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 21 March 20 16:22 GMT (UK) »
Glad for your response, but sorry to hear of your problems and hope all turns out well. Use of Rootschat must be increasing as compared to my use of supermarkets. The real frustration is not being able to go to record offices etc. I had booked ages ago to go to Cardiff on Monday to vist a big cemetery and photograph a family grave. Now all is cancelled. T