Author Topic: Badroach  (Read 2296 times)

Offline sheenamac

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Badroach
« Reply #18 on: Monday 17 February 20 12:22 GMT (UK) »
In both the 1841 and 1851 census records for Liff, Benvie and Invergowrie in Angus, she is in the same household as Catherine Gardiner which would be her daughter and confirms she is the right one.  It was on the 1851 census that I found the questionable place of birth.  They didn't record that information in the 1841 census, of course.  I take on board your comments about Fortingall so will cease any efforts to go along that path.
McLaren, McKirdy, Gorman, Blyth, Paterson, Galloway, Morgan, Tait, McPherson, Anderson, Wylie, Mcgillvray, McAlees, Montague/McTague, Singleton, Campbell, McNaught, Robertson, Ferguson, Docherty, McGlinchy, McGarry, O'Hara, McMillan, Little, Blair, Smith, Batley, Rodger, McIntyre, Black, Miller, Small, Spurling, ?Golden, Brown, Flannaghan, Lawn, MCallum, McLean, Paton, Dickie, McAllister, Auld, Glen, Biggart, Orr, Thomson, Neil, Walker, Weir, Mcvichie, Henderson, Fernie, Spence, Ker

Offline sheenamac

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 17 February 20 12:25 GMT (UK) »
Sorry Forfarian, I hadn't seen your reply with the map reference when I made my last post.  As I'm on Australian time I will look at it fresh tomorrow.  Thanks to all the wonderful sleuths out there.
McLaren, McKirdy, Gorman, Blyth, Paterson, Galloway, Morgan, Tait, McPherson, Anderson, Wylie, Mcgillvray, McAlees, Montague/McTague, Singleton, Campbell, McNaught, Robertson, Ferguson, Docherty, McGlinchy, McGarry, O'Hara, McMillan, Little, Blair, Smith, Batley, Rodger, McIntyre, Black, Miller, Small, Spurling, ?Golden, Brown, Flannaghan, Lawn, MCallum, McLean, Paton, Dickie, McAllister, Auld, Glen, Biggart, Orr, Thomson, Neil, Walker, Weir, Mcvichie, Henderson, Fernie, Spence, Ker

Offline sheenamac

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 17 February 20 12:32 GMT (UK) »
Too impatient to wait until tomorrow.  I notice that the map includes reference to Fortingall, so I'm liking that as a link to some of the other information I've been collecting.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 17 February 20 12:44 GMT (UK) »
Too impatient to wait until tomorrow.  I notice that the map includes reference to Fortingall, so I'm liking that as a link to some of the other information I've been collecting.
The other map, found by Isabel H, is also in the parish of Fortingall.

Balknock seems to have morphed into Balchroich. See http://www.geograph.org.uk/gridref/NN7749 and https://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/#zoom=16&lat=56.6182&lon=-3.9989&layers=168&b=1
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline sheenamac

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 17 February 20 21:22 GMT (UK) »
Thanks to you too Isabel.  So much to process and I'm looking forward to deciphering it all later today.

Offline JoeDuffy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 10 April 21 21:10 BST (UK) »
First time I've been on here in ages!
Janet McPherson is my 4x great grandmother. I'm pretty sure it's Badenoch as she does have some connection there. Her first two children were born in Kingussie which is the same area. I'm descended from her son Daniel, their first child.
Are you descended from one of her ten children? I know very little about Janet or her husband David, other than he was a miller from Kilspindie where the majority of their children were born.
I'm in agreement, the Fortingall Janet McP is a different person.

Offline JoeDuffy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 10 April 21 21:27 BST (UK) »
These are the ten children that I know of:
Births reg'd in Kingussie
Daniel b abt 1794 d1866 married Isobel Craig
Laury or Laurence 1795-1876 married Marg. Fairweather

Born/reg'd in Kilspindie
Mary b1798
Euphame/Euphemie 1800-1883 married William Taylor
Catherine 1802-1876 married Robert Linkater?
Isabel b1807 married someone called Miller?
James b1809
Margaret b1810 married Alex Pullar?, went to NZ?
Plus
Alexander b abt 1816 in Cargill Perthshire d1888, emigrated to Aus, married Ann West
Kinnear b abt 1818 Collace, Perthshire d1905 married John Brown

Offline sheenamac

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 11 April 21 07:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Joe

Thanks for your posting.  Unfortunately, it looks like Janet is a very very remote connection of mine, so if we've a connection, it's been well watered down.

Sheena