Author Topic: Nottinghamshire Methodist burial records  (Read 518 times)

Offline rover72

• RootsChat Senior
  • Flying the flag for Yellowbellies!
    • View Profile
Nottinghamshire Methodist burial records
« on: Sunday 16 February 20 16:59 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone have access to the Methodist burial records for circuits neighbouring Gainsborough in Lincolnshire?

Despite an extensive search in Gainsborough where they were born, bred and died, I've not been able to find the burial for my 3 x great grandparents and one of the daughters. Even staff at Lincolnshire Archives are completely baffled as they don't show up in Gainsborough General (municipal cemetery) records or in the burial records for the North Warren non-conformist cemetery also located in the town.

They were Methodists and here's what I know from their respective death certificates:
  • Henry PERKINS, died 27 July 1880 aged 82, at Ebenezer Place, Gainsborough and was allegedly one of the first ministers to preach in the United Methodist Free Church, Gainsborough.
  • Harriett PERKINS died 7 October 1883 aged 80, at 3 Dickenson's Terrace, Gainsborough.
  • Lydia PERKINS daughter of Henry and Harriett, died 13 September 1851 aged 8, at Bulls Head Yard, Church Street, Gainsborough.

Henry's mother was originally from Blyth, Nottinghamshire and in the Stamford Mercury (Friday 2 April 1852), there is reference to a local preacher called PERKINS having been "dropped" for having preached for the Reformers in the Retford Circuit.

I'm wondering if they may have been buried over the border in Nottinghamshire.

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
Re: Nottinghamshire Methodist burial records
« Reply #1 on: Monday 17 February 20 10:07 GMT (UK) »
My husbands family were Methodists. They are buried in the local churchyard, one in 1880, as the Chapel in the village did not have a graveyard. I have the burial disc for Nottinghamshire, sorry no Harriet or Henry on there.
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley