Author Topic: George Hutchison Taylor  (Read 1709 times)

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: George Hutchison Taylor
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 19 February 20 21:24 GMT (UK) »
This is new to me but while living abroad do people not use their middle name as Hutchinson is not down the list as I said this is the first form I have seen like this

Elizabeth

In my experience as a lifelong American, most of us have middle names.  They're not always used in making indexes of vital records.  Sometimes just initials will show up, or sometimes nothing is in the middle. 

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 19 February 20 21:29 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for the reply 
I now understand what I was looking at on one of the forms given no middle name
Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 19 February 20 21:38 GMT (UK) »
Don't give up Liz I'm sure your on the right track

I'm having trouble with a Robert Stark born Scotland there's a lot of them in Scotland it's just getting the right parents
I was going from the date of his birth from a family bible from a relative another relative posted his death certificate both had birth and death dates 12 of October but the years were different
So keep at it
Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 21 February 20 18:18 GMT (UK) »
I've had a look in Scotlandpeople and I cannot find a death for George in there around 1965
But I found a George H Taylor died Dec Quarter 1965 aged 63 Manchester on Free BMD
The thing is  you might send for the death certificate and it might be him
So he must have stayed in Canada or America

Elizabeth

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Stay Safe Everyone..............
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 21 February 20 19:40 GMT (UK) »

The USA Social Security Death Index doesn't show any George Taylor born 10/4/1902

The SSDI was fully up and running by about 1963. Sadly -  Canada does not have a BMD index to check.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada