Author Topic: Steve Garton-Rootschatter R.I.P.  (Read 1970 times)

Offline seahall

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • https://5bravemen.weebly.com/
    • View Profile
Steve Garton-Rootschatter R.I.P.
« on: Tuesday 18 February 20 12:24 GMT (UK) »
I was deeply saddened today to learn that Steve Garton who many of us know has passed away.

He was related to me through my Eady lineage and recently proved we both shared DNA.

May he find peace at last. Condolences to his family.

Sandy

Census Crown Copyright

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Steve Garton-Rootschatter R.I.P.
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 18 February 20 13:49 GMT (UK) »

Deepest sympathy to Steve's family.

Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad,20/10/1934 - 27/07/2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 18 February 20 14:53 GMT (UK) »
Sad news, my thoughts go out to his family and friends................................................
R.I.P Steve.

Frank.
Ramsey Ridsdale Ridgway Kempen Knight Harrison Denby Sisson Graney Spilsbury Wain Hebden Abbott Skinn ........ Yorkshire (Doncaster Goole Snaith Thorne area)Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire The Netherlands

Offline Ben-SGGenealogy

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 23 December 21 17:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sandy

Thank you so much for your kind words about my Dad, Steve.

I had been helping Steve with his eBay business and website for some time before his passing, whilst he was living in Fuerteventura I was posting all of his Alan Godfrey Map sales from the UK.

I'm now running the business myself - and whilst I may not have the same wealth of knowledge of family history and genealogy - I more than make up for that in some more forward thinking ways of operating the business.

Our entire catalogue of products is available on our eBay shop, and our website stevegartongenealogy.com is slowly catching up. The website is and always will be cheaper! I can add an item to the website in a matter of minutes so if we have something listed on eBay but not on the website, please use the contact form on the site and I will add it for you.

Many Thanks

Ben @ Steve Garton Genealogy

Offline seahall

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • https://5bravemen.weebly.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 03 April 24 13:45 BST (UK) »
Ben I was just indexing my many photo's and found one of your father you may not have. I took it at the Family History fair.

Memories.

Sandy
Census Crown Copyright

Offline TonyV

• RootsChat Senior
  • Expect the unexpected (I forgot to!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 10 April 24 21:32 BST (UK) »
Hello

I wasn't aware of the ownership of the EBay site until I saw this post and I am sorry for his loss.

I would just add that I tried to use the link posted by Ben and it failed to open. I searched for the name and found a reference to the Ebay site on Facebook with a link but that too failed to open.