Author Topic: What happened to Johanna is this even her family?  (Read 1714 times)

Offline atmartinas

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Roche Wexford/USA
Sinnott 2 families Ardcavan Wexford/USA and Boolaboy.
Cullen Ballyknockan  Wexford/ USA
O'Leary Wexford
Leacy Wexford /New York
O'Dwyer Tipperary
Hayes Tipperary
Wall Tipperary
Cormac Tipperary
Shanahan Tipperary

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: What happened to Johanna is this even her family?
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 19 February 20 00:24 GMT (UK) »

No problem.

With stuff being sent via PM's I'll leave it at that...

Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline atmartinas

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 19 February 20 00:33 GMT (UK) »

No problem.

With stuff being sent via PM's I'll leave it at that...

Thanks for trying for me Hallmark, I do appreciate it. I think Johanna and Patrick disappeared into thin air. I don't think that I am going to find anything I can confirm in the online records. I will try as I said to check via living Lamberts to see if I can find anything but that may be a wild goose chase. I will post if I find anything to solve my mystery.
I have plenty of other mysteries to keep me out of mischief.
M
Roche Wexford/USA
O'Leary Wexford
Leacy Wexford /New York
O'Dwyer Tipperary
Hayes Tipperary
Wall Tipperary
Cormac Tipperary
Shanahan Tipperary

Online Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 19 February 20 11:30 GMT (UK) »
Several thoughts come to mind.

- Have you checked the family graveyards, i.e. where the family members (both sides) were historically buried?

- Was not unusual for entire families to be wiped out by TB or other diseases. That the children were not with their parents in 1901 would suggest they were dead.

- Many, many deaths went unregistered.

- When were they last known to be alive, i.e. DOB of last child you know of? How many children did they have?
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline atmartinas

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 19 February 20 21:33 GMT (UK) »
Several thoughts come to mind.

- Have you checked the family graveyards, i.e. where the family members (both sides) were historically buried?

- Was not unusual for entire families to be wiped out by TB or other diseases. That the children were not with their parents in 1901 would suggest they were dead.

- Many, many deaths went unregistered.

- When were they last known to be alive, i.e. DOB of last child you know of? How many children did they have?

I have checked Johanna's family grave she is not there. I have no idea where Patrick Lambert family grave might be, didn't find any possibilities in the graveyard near address he gave when they married or the address where their children were born.
I think like you say very likely dead by 1901.  Last child I know of born 1893.
I have not been able confirm with certainty that these are indeed the people that I believe them to be. I was hoping that the deaths would be registered by a family member that would strengthen my case.

M
Roche Wexford/USA
O'Leary Wexford
Leacy Wexford /New York
O'Dwyer Tipperary
Hayes Tipperary
Wall Tipperary
Cormac Tipperary
Shanahan Tipperary

Online Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 19 February 20 21:41 GMT (UK) »

I have not been able confirm with certainty that these are indeed the people that I believe them to be. I was hoping that the deaths would be registered by a family member that would strengthen my case.

M

Irish death certs are the worst of the BMD records.... often frustrating.
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline atmartinas

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 19 February 20 21:44 GMT (UK) »

Irish death certs are the worst of the BMD records.... often frustrating.
[/quote]

I second that! Just to ease the frustration I think back to when they were not available at all online ;D
Roche Wexford/USA
O'Leary Wexford
Leacy Wexford /New York
O'Dwyer Tipperary
Hayes Tipperary
Wall Tipperary
Cormac Tipperary
Shanahan Tipperary

Offline atmartinas

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 10 March 20 16:29 GMT (UK) »

Did you look for children marrying? See of they say Father deceased.....

e.g James.

Well I have solved my mystery, in part at least. Following up marriages of potential children has led me to living descendants. I have only had a brief conversation with a man, he is 80 this year, who knew that his father and my Grandfather were 1st cousins. Exactly the expected relationship.
He said his Grandparents died young no other details at present, but I will go see him in a few weeks and hopefully find out where and when and where Graves are. This man has an older sister in her 90's who is also alive and well, can't wait to meet them.
M
Roche Wexford/USA
O'Leary Wexford
Leacy Wexford /New York
O'Dwyer Tipperary
Hayes Tipperary
Wall Tipperary
Cormac Tipperary
Shanahan Tipperary

Offline atmartinas

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 04 May 20 18:58 BST (UK) »
I didn't find any match for her on freebmd.co.uk from 1890 to 1901. I thought they might have left and died elsewhere.

And I guess she is not the Johanna Lambert, age 44, married, a nurse, who died in Ferns, 17 May 1901. That lady, on the 1901 census, said she was born in Ferns, Co. Wexford. At the time she was lodging with Ellen O'Neil, shop keeper. Although, did she provide her own birthplace information on the census?

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1901/05725/4615599.pdf

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Wexford/Ferns/Ferns_Town/1789030/

Turns out that this is indeed my Johanna Lambert. She was a nurse, an unrelated person was able to provide her nursing certificate to her Grandson. I have yet to see it due to current restrictions. I did however have a lovely conversation with the man who provided it. His connection is via his Mother who knew the family. Her sister was to marry one of the Sons but he had a breakdown and ended up in St Sennans, she had items in her 'bottom drawer' including her nearly Mother in Laws cert.
His mother also said that Pat Lambert, who was a rate collector, ran off to USA  with the rate money in 1892 and was never heard of again. His youngest son was born April 1893 so must have been in the latter half of 1892! No wonder I had trouble finding him here.
I guess I will have a search in USA but may be like looking for a needle in a haystack!
Thanks again for the help.
M
Roche Wexford/USA
O'Leary Wexford
Leacy Wexford /New York
O'Dwyer Tipperary
Hayes Tipperary
Wall Tipperary
Cormac Tipperary
Shanahan Tipperary