Author Topic: Burial Panteg cemetery Amelia Silvester  (Read 738 times)

Offline Mr Bean

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Burial Panteg cemetery Amelia Silvester
« on: Wednesday 19 February 20 14:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Is there anyone willing to try and find a headstone for me?  I am unable to find a death record for her although as a kid I do remember the grave being at Panteg.

Cheers

Beanie

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Burial Panteg cemetery Amelia Silvester
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 19 February 20 18:03 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat

No info as to when she died in your post.  Is she the Amelia Marshall born around 1862 married William Allen SYlvester  1885?

He died as Silvester in 1929

Have you looked on freebmd for a death?

www.freebmd.org.uk
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Mr Bean

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 19 February 20 18:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carole,

Yes that's the one.  I've trawled, I think, every corner of the net for a death date and I've drawn a blank.  I have two marriage certs.  One has a birth date of 1861 and the other is 1858.  She was born Ameila Russell, then married Henry Marshall.  He died in an accident so she re-married William Allen Silvester.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 19 February 20 19:51 GMT (UK) »
By the time William died she was about 65 but I looked for a remarriage just in case.  Nothing found.

Very strange there is no death recorded under Silvester

Long shot time -  1871 has her aged 12 - birthyear around 1858/59

There is an Amelia R Marshall b 1859 died 1933 Newport Monmouthshire.  I wondered whether the R  is for Russell?  I can’t find a 1901 or 1911 entry for that profile so you never know??
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 19 February 20 20:00 GMT (UK) »
There is a probate entry for William - his address is shown as Coedygric Griffithstown

Administration was granted to William Allen Silvester railwayman (son b 1887)

https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#wills

Offline Mr Bean

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 19 February 20 20:06 GMT (UK) »
There is an Amelia R Marshall b 1859 died 1933 Newport Monmouthshire.  I wondered whether the R  is for Russell? 

Hi Carole,

The R for that entry is for Rosina so I think it's unlikely.  I found an email address for Panteg cemetery this morning so I'm waiting for a response from them.  I live in Canada now so trying to piece everything together is that more time consuming.

Thanks for taking the time for me.  If you pro's can't find anything either at least I know I'm not missing something.

Offline debraking183

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 19 February 20 21:17 GMT (UK) »
I live opposite Panteg cemetery, I can walk there in 2minutes. If you can get a response from them with regards to a plot number I would be more than happy to pop over and see if I can find a headstone for you. A location map of the plots if you can get it would be helpful also. It’s a huge cemetery and I have limited free time on weekends only, I.e. I can’t spend all day looking ha ha x

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 19 February 20 21:34 GMT (UK) »
Was William buried at Panteg?  If he was in a private grave it might be worthwhile checking with Panteg whether Amelia is in the same grave.  If it was a public grave then she wouldn’t be

William died 18.8.1929

Offline Mr Bean

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 19 February 20 22:00 GMT (UK) »
I live opposite Panteg cemetery, I can walk there in 2minutes. If you can get a response from them with regards to a plot number I would be more than happy to pop over and see if I can find a headstone for you. A location map of the plots if you can get it would be helpful also. It’s a huge cemetery and I have limited free time on weekends only, I.e. I can’t spend all day looking ha ha x

That would be awesome.  Thank you so much. 

Was William buried at Panteg?  If he was in a private grave it might be worthwhile checking with Panteg whether Amelia is in the same grave.  If it was a public grave then she wouldn’t be

William died 18.8.1929

I'm really not sure Carole, but that's another angle for me which I'd never thought of.

Thank you for the great ideas.