Author Topic: samuel mylchreest- born Rushen IOM 1872  (Read 3405 times)

Offline Blue70

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: samuel mylchreest- born Rushen IOM 1872
« Reply #18 on: Monday 24 February 20 23:49 GMT (UK) »
Don't know if you have done any earlier research on the Ballamoda / Billown line which I think leads to your Solomon but land records + marriage contract place the Mylcreests home as Kk German

dated 27 Oct 1711;Gilbert Mollecrest (kk german) obo son Wm;Nich Taggart (balnamodde ? malew) + wife Alice obo dau Cath;to marry kk malew within one month;Taggarts to give half estate - couple to give £9;Gilbt + Wm to bring £19 to balnamode - if Nicholas has a son then the money to be returned and the couple given £19;witt John Quaile x, Thomas Mollecrest x, John Gell x,William Bridson, John Bridson, John Cotteman;court May 1712

Thanks Frances. That's very interesting. We have two Mylchreest lines. I think this information relates to not the line that goes back Samuel-Thomas-Solomon but rather via Samuel's wife's father John Robert Mylchreest. His 2 x great grandfather was William McYlchreest baptised on 7 May 1721 at Malew, his father was William so could be the William who married Catherine Taggart here. Do you know if a record of the marriage survives I'm struggling to find one.

Blue

Offline Blue70

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 25 February 20 01:08 GMT (UK) »
I was starting to doubt they ever married until I found a burial record for Katharine Mcylchreest a. Taggart, buried at Malew on 3rd Jul 1741. There's also a 28 Oct 1839 Malew baptism for Jane Mcylchreest daughter of Wm Mcylchreest & Cath Taggart of Ballamody.

Blue

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 25 February 20 09:02 GMT (UK) »
I've done a reasonable amount of work on deeds - you can track changes in  property from 1704 (+ often before) using deeds - many are summarised on my CD + these show the movement of this family from Shimmin Silverburn thru Ballamodda and also into Billown - all these are on my CD.

I have no record of marr but there is a long seq of bapts to a Wm Mylcreest starting in 1713 - now this could be 2 families or a sequence of infant deaths - catch is that much of the property in Malew is Abbey land for which the detailed information usually contained in Lib Vast (records changes in Lords tenants) is not  (or at times somewhat partially) given.
There would appear to be some missing entries in the transcribed Malew reg - marriages are usually in the Bride's parish as specified in the marr contract but things can change between the contract and the actuality  - I thought I had transcribed all 18th C marriages but now images of the parish reg are available you can check
any thing with a Manx Connection

Offline Blue70

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 25 February 20 10:30 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Frances. I've checked the Malew register on Family Search and it looks like the marriage wasn't entered but they probably married at Malew in 1711. First child Nicholas born in 1713.

Blue