Author Topic: Robert Denning Palmer McElnea  (Read 585 times)

Offline tempogold

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Robert Denning Palmer McElnea
« on: Friday 21 February 20 15:32 GMT (UK) »
Hello
 I am trying to find dates of death for Robert and his wife . Robert was born 13/4/1907 in Bryansford  Co down but on the 1911 Census his family is using the Surname McElray---sorry dont know why it changes.
But on 12 June 1929 in St Johns Church of Ireland church he married Eileen Elizabeth kidd ( she was b 1903 Brynsford).
His surname and that of his father Samuel John is given as McElnea. Robert is an electrician. I have assumed they continue to use the McElnea surname . Any information Appreciated.
Thank You

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Denning Palmer McElnea
« Reply #1 on: Friday 21 February 20 18:45 GMT (UK) »
If they died in Northern Ireland after 1921 you'll need to search in GRONI's database. Death certificates more than 25 50 years old should be available to view there (pay per view after registration).
https://geni.nidirect.gov.uk/

Added- is this the family in Newcastle? Robert is 9 years old so born c1902 not 1907-
here's 1911 transcription but you should always check original documents when possible-
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Down/Newcastle/King_Street/243389/
It's actually written as McElnay so only a change in spelling from McElnay to McElnea-
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/nai002240284/

I can't see a birth for an Eileen Elizabeth Kidd in 1903 anywhere in Ireland  :-\
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 21 February 20 19:17 GMT (UK) »

Offline tempogold

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 21 February 20 19:48 GMT (UK) »
Thank you that is Roberts family in Newcastle. So they hadn't really changed their name that's useful to know. I been on Groni quite a bit looking for them .I understood it was 50years for deaths. Has it changed..?Great if it has .

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 21 February 20 19:51 GMT (UK) »
Thank you that is Roberts family in Newcastle. So they hadn't really changed their name that's useful to know. I been on Groni quite a bit looking for them .I understood it was 50years for deaths. Has it changed..?Great if it has .

Sorry for the typo (which I've now corrected)- it is 50 years not 25.

Some of the details in your first post don't seem to be very accurate-
I am trying to find dates of death for Robert and his wife . Robert was born 13/4/1907 in Bryansford  Co down but on the 1911 Census his family is using the Surname McElray---sorry dont know why it changes.
But on 12 June 1929 in St Johns Church of Ireland church he married Eileen Elizabeth kidd ( she was b 1903 Brynsford).
His surname and that of his father Samuel John is given as McElnea. Robert is an electrician.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 21 February 20 20:09 GMT (UK) »
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline tempogold

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 21 February 20 20:16 GMT (UK) »
Thank you both. Yes the birth dates seem to swing around a bit. Think I confused Roberts initially with one of his siblings-apologies.  On their marriage certificate of 12 June 1929 Robert is said to be 28 and Eileen 27. Again name variations as on her 1911 census she is shown as Keline. So good to have the actual dates of birth. Wondered if there might have been  a local paper that would have reported Deaths. Appreciate they could have moved . I had no luck with any will calendars.