Author Topic: Rueben Jones . Mathon Worcs  (Read 3075 times)

Offline Jesse123

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rueben Jones . Mathon Worcs
« Reply #36 on: Monday 09 March 20 15:37 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Ladyhawk, But I think Richard Jones could indeed be Reubens father, the dates correspond and Ruebens eldest son was my fathers father, there are children of the same name in his family, George Henry was his name, I think we are on the right track there. Thank you for message, I will looking for those all important Baptism lines, thank you again.  jesse12

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Monday 09 March 20 16:52 GMT (UK) »
May I add my thanks Ladyhawk for the 1841 census for the possible Richard and Frances Jones. I never looked for that, as the father's name was uncertain.

By saying he was born in Mathon, Worcestershire -- Reuben was trying to confuse us!!

Places of interest;
Lancashire, West Yorkshire, Southern Ireland, Scotland.

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Monday 09 March 20 18:17 GMT (UK) »
The only baptism I can see for a RICHARD JONES (possible father of Reuben) -- is in 1793 in Fownhope with Fowley  --- father Thomas Jones -- mother Priscilla.

This is slightly late for your Richard, Jesse --- if the age he has given in 1841 is correct.
In addition he and Frances are also on the 1851 census - still in Fownhope and he is still showing an age consistent with being born about 1788.

He is now an Agricultural Labourer.
No children are with him and Frances (Frances is shown as 61 - a Seamstress born in Kings Caple, Herefordshire.

They both may have died before 1861 - but I haven't yet looked for their deaths.
Places of interest;

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Monday 09 March 20 18:32 GMT (UK) »
Richard Jones MAY have died Q/E June 1856 in Hereford Registration District, aged 68.
Frances Jones MAY have died Q/E March 1859 in Hereford Registration District, aged 69.
Places of interest;

Offline Jesse123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Monday 09 March 20 20:37 GMT (UK) »
Pennines, thank you for your input , but the dates are about right, if he was born in 1793 and Reuben was born in 1824 Richard would be 31 By the time Reuben was married he would 52 ,or am I missing something.? .

Offline Jesse123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Monday 09 March 20 20:58 GMT (UK) »
Pennines, thank you for your input , but the dates are about right, if he was born in 1793 and Reuben was born in 1824 Richard would be 31 By the time Reuben was married he would 52 ,or am I missing something.? .
I have printed out A copy of Reubens marriage lines and it is a little clearer, along the top is marriage solemnised at the Parish Church in the Parish of Fawnhope in the county of Hereford, and the vicar was looks like Thenerey, don’t know if that makes things any any better.?jesse123

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Monday 09 March 20 21:32 GMT (UK) »
Jesse --- So the marriage certificate you have for Reuben - states HIS marriage occurred in Fawnhope! That is brilliant news.

Hence it's looking even more likely that the Reuben baptised in Fawnhope with parents Richard Jones and Frances Wood is the correct baptism. That is a breakthrough -- and excellent that you mentioned that, Jesse.

Just to recap - Richard Jones had married Frances Wood in 1821..

Richard states his birth year to be about 1788 - if that is correct Richard was 33 years old when he married Frances - and about 36/37 when Reuben was born (Reuben baptised in 1825)

Hence Richard was quite mature for those days if that marriage to Frances was his first marriage.

If his age on census records is wrong and he was born born in 1793 - then he was still in his late 20s when he married. It does seem likely these 2 are Reuben's parents though.
Places of interest;

Offline Jesse123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Monday 09 March 20 21:47 GMT (UK) »
Yes Pennines I think we are right , also I said he would be 52 when Reuben Married when if he was born In 1793 he would be 59, my mental arithmetic isn’t as good as 70 years or so .thank you for all the work you have put in, I will take a deep breath and see how much further i can go.thank you.

Offline Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday 10 March 20 07:43 GMT (UK) »
The only baptism I can see for a RICHARD JONES (possible father of Reuben) -- is in 1793 in Fownhope with Fowley  --- father Thomas Jones -- mother Priscilla.

This is slightly late for your Richard, Jesse --- if the age he has given in 1841 is correct.
In addition he and Frances are also on the 1851 census - still in Fownhope and he is still showing an age consistent with being born about 1788.

He is now an Agricultural Labourer.
No children are with him and Frances (Frances is shown as 61 - a Seamstress born in Kings Caple, Herefordshire.

A baptism for

Frances WOOD baptism 30 Nov 1795 King's Caple Hereford
father James  Mother Mary

possible siblings of Frances
parents James WOOD & Mary Bpt King's Caple Hereford

Mary      30 Jul 1775
William   16 Jun 1777
Ann          29 Jan1780
James      29 Jan 1780
Sarah       22 Sep 1782
George     04 May 1794
Charlotte  25 Nov 1798