Author Topic: Rueben Jones . Mathon Worcs  (Read 3070 times)

Offline Jesse123

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rueben Jones . Mathon Worcs
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday 10 March 20 10:21 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Ladyhawk, I think we have established that Ric Jones is Reubens farther ,on a closer perusal of Reubens Marriage lines I was able to see that Reuben and Mary Anne Powell Lived in Fawnhope, where Reuben was born. Thank you for all your input, I have more to do on this subject later today, thank you again.   jesse123

Offline Jesse123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Friday 13 March 20 14:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pennines, RE, Rueben Jones, I am going to apply for the Marriage certificate of Richard Jones and Frances Wood, but I need you to show me how to apply as my Daughter is unavailable I would be grateful if you would oblige, with your help we have accomplished a great deal and I wish to follow through as far as I can , thank you.  jesse123

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Friday 13 March 20 14:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jesse,

The Civil Registration of births, marriages and deaths only started in England and Wales on 1st July 1837. Before that date these events were not formally registered and we are dependant on the baptisms, marriages and burials registers kept by each parish where the event occurred.

As a result there is no formal marriage certificate for Richard and Frances.

There is a transcribed record of the event on the Family Search site (this is a free resource with millions of worldwide events recorded and it is run by the Church of Latter Day Saints. You can search it for free - but you need to register with the site first.

The website is here;
https://www.familysearch.org/search/

The record for Richard and Frances's marriage is attached to this message for you. As you will see in the parish records we don't receive the same amount of information that is included on the later, formal certificates.

The actual parish registers for the church concerned are probably held at Herefordshire Archives, but these are unlikely to show any additional information I'm afraid. Hence the further back we go - we have no census records with names before 1841 -- and we have no formal certificates before July 1837.

The next thing you can search for on that Family Search site are other children born to Richard and Frances (I think LadyHawk may have already posted the details of these) --- then search for the baptisms of Richard and Frances -- again try the Family Search free website.

Good Luck with it Jesse.

(For some reason I cannot attach the image - so I will copy what it says;

Name; Richard Jones
Event Type; Marriage
Event Date; 11 Jul 1821
Event Place; Herefordshire, England
Marital Status; Single
Spouse's Name; Frances Wood
Spouses Marital Status; Single

(From another website which requires a subscription to view records I can tell you that the location of the marriage was at Fownhope with Fawley.)

Places of interest;
Lancashire, West Yorkshire, Southern Ireland, Scotland.

Offline Jesse123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Friday 13 March 20 14:48 GMT (UK) »
To Pennines thank so much for your help, I will do as you suggest and see where it leads I will let you know how things go thank you again.  jesse123.

Offline Jesse123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Monday 11 May 20 12:46 BST (UK) »
to Pennines, hi Pennines hope you are keeping safe, R,e , Ruben Jones search, I have carried on researchers since we Last chatted, and going on from Richard Jones , where we got to last time, I found his father was Thomas Jones and Priscilla Pocknell Mother, dates 1767, andThomas father Was Richard Jones 1743 , Mother Sarah Edwards 1742, then the trace went cold, I said I would come back to you, and I intend carrying on.

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Monday 11 May 20 15:35 BST (UK) »
That's great news Jesse -- you must be really pleased at finding these further back ancestors. It does get more difficult the further back you go -- you have got further back than I have with some of my lines!

Either there are too many with the same names OR no-one with that name in that particular parish. Still - it would be boring if it was too easy!

Keep up the good work -- and stay safe.

xx
Places of interest;
Lancashire, West Yorkshire, Southern Ireland, Scotland.

Offline Jesse123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Monday 11 May 20 15:45 BST (UK) »
Thank you Pennines it has taken hours of searching and I am sure I am on the right track, dates and names and the offsprings names have been running through the generations right up to today, and from talks with my mother when I was young. Thank you for all you help I will come back if I get any further keep safe and all on roots,.🙏

Offline angelapulford

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday 26 January 21 17:12 GMT (UK) »
Reuben Jones committed suicide in February 1864.
His son Charles lived with Mary Ann Powell's parents at Southend Mathon.
I am trying to find what happened to Charles's son Thomas henry Jones who was killed in the mines in South Wales during WW1 and have tried several avenues but drawn a blank at the moment.

Offline Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday 26 January 21 17:27 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to find what happened to Charles's son Thomas henry Jones who was killed in the mines in South Wales during WW1 and have tried several avenues but drawn a blank at the moment.

Welcome to Rootschat  :)

Could you give more details on Thomas Henry Jones if you have them please.

When was he born?

Do you have him on any censuses?

Did he marry?
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk